PTC PROBLEMS
  • dara
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by dara » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:07 pm

decency to look like they know what they are doing if im going
    no one is arguing that they LOOK like they know, the problem is they only LOOk like they know and not much else :!:

And before anyone starts fighting, I'll admit its been quite a while since I finished training with them and things are prob better, lets face it, couldnt of been much worse at the time :lol:
    If you are asking me if this old plane is safe to fly, how do you think it got to be this old?
  • Sweeney
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Sweeney » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:25 pm

In fairness to PTC things are a world different from what they were.

They admit themselves that we were the test pilots (excuse the pun). Our classes were the test, obviously didnt run how they wanted but now they have got it right.
    No matter what bitching and moaning is done about them, you cant take away the fact that the flight training was and still is brillant.

Still in my opinion you'd want to be mad in the head to pay 98k (or whatever the price is) for a modular course.... Or just have oodles of cash!
    So no... it is not on par with every other course out there flanders (price wise), you obviously didnt go to the flyer show or you would of seen the vast difference in prices. Wild cheap course in UK and another one in Iceland (can't remember the school names). Don't know how they do it so cheap! I think the Uk school was in the 40,000 sterling range. Madness!
    "There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
  • cm13
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by cm13 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 am

I agree with Sweeney above I think PTC's deal with FSI was a testing ground and ultimately why they parted company however I would suspect a lot of this was due to FSI and not entirely PTC.

Their new set up in FIT is brilliant, as I said earlier in this thread brand new Seminoles, top class instructors and all my class got through the CPL in 3 and a half weeks, dont think Oxford do it that quick and I doubt AFT do either.

Just to throw more fuel on the fire, PTC have a new INTEGRATED course for 79,500euro!
  • KeithT
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Re: PTC PROBLEMS

by KeithT » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:29 am

http://www.asa.org.uk/Complaints-and-AS ... 49147.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • HomerJay
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Re: PTC PROBLEMS

by HomerJay » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:49 pm

I cannot stress it enough, DO NOT pay that sort of money for training. I don't care what promises they give, they're not going to pay for your type rating if you are lucky enough to get a job at the end. Or your MCC. The list goes on.

There's a very good blog from a former PTC student you can find it easily with a google search.