PPL

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

blanc
Unverified User
Unverified User

PPL

Post by blanc » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi All,

I have always wanted to be a commercial pilot but circumstances changed and it never happened.

I have a year old daughter and partner so getting 100k together and heading off the other side of the world is not an option. I will be a commercial pilot someday. Im going to have to take it step by step though.

I have spoken to a company in Weston about taking my ppl and was quoted 15k, a lot more than it was two years ago when I started saving. Can people give me some recommendations and ideas of cost?

Regards

Steve

Sierra Papa
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sierra Papa » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:49 pm

Try Sligo Aero Club,

the whole thing will work out about €5000 less what you've been quoted in Weston. You'll find all contact numbers on their website. Put it in Google and it comes up.

Good Luck.

Sierra Papa.

ifty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ifty » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:02 pm

It should be even less than that I hope I am training there just now and reckon it should work out about 5k or so for the PPL where you based blanc?
You pass this way but once, there is no such thing as normal. There is you and the rest, now and forever. Do as you damn well please or you could end up being a pot-bellied, hairless boring old fart.

blanc
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by blanc » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:22 am

i AM BASED IN DUBLIN. I would have no probl;em booking two weeks holidays to get as much flight time in as short a time frame as possible, I would presume I could do 3-5 hours a day if I booked it in with 3-6 months notice>?

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by KeithT » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:30 am

blanc wrote:i AM BASED IN DUBLIN. I would have no probl;em booking two weeks holidays to get as much flight time in as short a time frame as possible, I would presume I could do 3-5 hours a day if I booked it in with 3-6 months notice>?

Don't forget about the weather!!! Booking two weeks off could be a shot in the foot if the weather isn't favourable, which let's face it, probably won't be!!

blanc
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by blanc » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:35 pm

lol probably not. Has anyone seen a van 7 in action , look an amzing machine and cheap secondhand too

Francie81
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Francie81 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:15 am

Hi Blanc,

Am kinda in the same boat as yourself except am free but if your determined to still go for it well I recommend OBA FL to do your PPL like most people on here who have been there done it advised me.