Waerford IT and PTC !!??

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

ciaran
Unverified User
Unverified User

Waerford IT and PTC !!??

Post by ciaran »

saw the ad in this months magazine...was exactly what i have applyed for in England...waterford would be much closer to home.......yet much more expensive !!!
Anyone else thinking of this course??I think that the price is off putting but looks like a great course...I wonder how many places are available.Well we will just have to wait until Wednesday to find out my fate(L.C results)
ciaran

Zyox
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Zyox »

What/where did you apply for in England? What's the cost like?

I'd be wary of this course in it's first year. Wouldn't like to be the guinea pig with prices like that.
::: Image :::

ei6265
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ei6265 »

€120,000!! :shock:

Wow, I wonder who'd be mad enough straight out of doing the LC to fork that money out for an fATPL and degree!

If anything Id get a 'free' degree as entitled from the State and then look at flying.

thermolite
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by thermolite »

As a current PTC student on their Airline course i would advise anyone thinking of coming here to steer clear not many, if any happy students here at the moment...problem after problem...

Zyox
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Zyox »

Had a look at the course modules today in the FTN paper. Basically a 0-fATPL course (lots of which in the states, as per normal PTC course) interspersed with generic modules at WIT consisting of things like passenger psychology and how an airport works and international business backgrounds etc etc.

For 120k sounds like a complete over price on top of their 90k for the course. 40k to go to WIT for a few subjects? No thanks.

For anyone who wants a degree I'd suggest go do a proper BSc (point of curiousity, how recognised will this degree be??) and then jump onto an integrated route somewhere if you're dead set on it. 3 year degree then 1.5 year integrated - far more worth it. Better college experience, no hopping over to the US every month, better degree, and the clincher; no PTC headaches!

Bob
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bob »

For 120k sounds like a complete over price on top of their 90k for the course. 40k to go to WIT for a few subjects? No thanks.

Do they teach matchs on the course. :lol:

Zyox
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Zyox »

That was a test :p You don't need to spend 120k to train in PTC... congrats! :D

You have won the prize of choosing a nice flight school, hurrah :p

alphasouth
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by alphasouth »

like thermolite said stay away!! im also a current student and couldnt recommend it

airoshane
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by airoshane »

That price is a bit steep alright. I'm doing the same thing but for half the price.

I'm nearly finished an ordinary degree in aircraft systems in Carlow (FREE) and I'm going back to Atlantic in Cork for the frozen ATPL. Atlantic only charge 56,000 for the full course. All their training is done in IRELAND too.

With a bit of luck I'll have everything that PTC course offers for half the price.

zulu10
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by zulu10 »

For all our sakes please do not pay these prices to gain your fatpl. It can be done for less than half that, I did it for about 45k a few years back and finished in PTC . If you want a degree do it in some other business and not have all your eggs in the one basket. Better for everyone if you take this advice. Going modular is an education in itself.