cityjet apptitude test for mechanics

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

bravocharlie
Unverified User
Unverified User

cityjet apptitude test for mechanics

Post by bravocharlie »

i want to know if there is anyone that has taken the apptitude test i have one thurseday comming. i am doing the usual with books and timetables and all b ut any extra advice? will look through the forum later.maybe the Q is already posted. if so i appoligise.but do not have time at the moment to look.

thanks

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz »

As a veteran of many an aptitude test, passed or failed. I would say the best thing to do is to relax (easy to say, of course) as much as possible. Take you time and work through the ones you find easy at first and then return to the hard ones. The worst thing you can do is get bogged down on a tough question and miss out on the stuff that would make the difference between passing and being rejected.

Remember too that a lot of aptitude tests are merely to establish that you read and write and add up numbers. Simple at that. I imagine Cityjet have a few others up their sleeve. Most people meet the standard, the tests are to reveal the oddballs, the clumsy, the illiterate and the stupid.

Good luck.

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll »

believe me buzz the clumsy and stupid still get through some tests :D :D !!!!
relaxing is the best way,i wouldnt even bother preparing as it could put you off

i did one a few years back and it was like basic reading ie a technical paragraphs about a thermostat or valve or something and then the question on it was like which valve wasn't working,answer was in the first line,
just take your time with them sort of tests and you cant go wrong.
115 VAC @400Hz

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz »

believe me buzz the clumsy and stupid still get through some tests !!!!
:D

True! But maybe that's who they want to get through! I remember failing one set of tests for a low paid factory job. Surprised, I came to the conclusion that I may have done too well. They really wanted people of a certain type. Either that or in fact I am as thick as two short planks. :idea: :oops:

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nanolight »

Funny things, aptitude tests.

I have done many an aptitude test in my time. I wil say this to you. Practice, practice, practice.

OK fair enough you might not have the exact format of the test you are going to do, but you can books and there is only a few numbers of ways that can pose a mechanical question. Get used to looking at them quickly and answering them.

It's amazing, some people find elementary mechanics a piece of p*** and can't understand what all the fuss is about. Others cringe at the sight of three gears in series. It's funny how people tick.

Expect things like valves, cogs, gears, pulleys, levers etc etc.

You are fully entitled under the freedom of information act to view your test results and should request them if you feel that there is a chance you didn't get te job because you are simply too stupid (as per above)!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

bravocharlie
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bravocharlie »

hi... thanks for all the replys.....thats pretty much what is was hoping.....run of the mill thing, get sleep,relax

i will still read through the dictionary though.

bravocharlie
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bravocharlie »

and of course the going through the books i got from the library.
excercises and being familiar with the pace of the exam.

i just like preparing.
it helps me relax.

levers cogs..it all sounds good to me.

Niallbhoy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Niallbhoy »

Hi

Just wondering is the test the same as the test for pilots as i've 1 coming up at the end of the month.

bravocharlie
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by bravocharlie »

no it will be different.

i have not done this kind before.but from the info i have gathered from others that have.this is more of the standard maths,shapes and mechanics aptitude.

i took one for pilots.
maths,memory,position reference images type thing.

they will all be geared towards the specific type of skill you will need further developement of if you get through.

arsenalia
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: CITY JST APPTITUDE TEST

Post by arsenalia »

I have also done the mechanic side of the aptitude test , expect things like pulleys, gears like what the other guys said, its going to be a little tricky as well so just take your time and do the ones you know first and id say ul be grand
BTW
Do anyone have any ideas on what to expect in the Avionics test? iv done some research on practice aptitude test online and i dnt seem to find anythng relating to Avionics as i have one coming up. any 1 might wana help or suggest a site?
All advice will be very much appreciated cheers