Full Time JAA ATPL(A) Ground School now in Ireland

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

Michael Jackson
Unverified User
Unverified User

Full Time JAA ATPL(A) Ground School now in Ireland

Post by Michael Jackson » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Modular Flight Training Provided PTC ( www.ptc.ie ) are now offering a full time JAA ATPL (A) Ground School.
I believe the course lasts about 6 months using the Oxford ATPL Training Manuals and lectures taught by IAA approved personnal.

I think this is great, its about time we had a a full time JAA ATPL ground school provider in Ireland 8) Seeing as alot of us are lazy and insted of the distance learning we tend to opt for the Over sea's JAA ATPL ground schools :lol:

Also, I see Flybe are now offering a job as a first officer, and will pay for your MCC and Type rating providng you pass the PTC skills assesment and all your JAA frozen ATPL training with PTC. All though ?98,500 is a bit steep for a modular flight school offering a seemingly integrated course, but I suppose having a "almost" gaurenteed job from the out set of your training should make it that bit easier for Mr.Bank manager to hand out the mula!!!!! :shock:
SHAMOON

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Sure now that PTC have the full time ATPL course, I dont see why they dont offer an Integrated Course!!!!
Regards,
M747
:D

Michael Jackson
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Michael Jackson » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:51 pm

It would be Fantastic if PTC where to have approval for integrated flight training, especially at there current cost of ?98,500 which is Ridiculous, when you consider you can go to a Integrated course such as sabena in germany or aeromadrid in spain or sigmar in south africa where you complete all your training including your MCC and JOC training for less than ?96,000 at all schools and aeromadrid even give you a JAA A320 type rating!!!!

If flight safety get there JAA approval and PTC provide MCC training, then, mabey one day, the IAA will give them Integrated training approval. But until that day, you are far better of paying for each course seperatly at PTC rather then get suckerd into there APP course!!! Still, it has to be said, PTC are producing great pilots and are deffo up there in the top 10 modular flight training organisations in europe. 8)
SHAMOON

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by KeithT » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Howdy

I have some questions about this!

I am actually due to start in Cabair for GS in May but having read about this I am intrigued as I would so much rather do it in Ireland.

I had a look at their site but couldn't find any info at all on it, do you have any more information on it and maybe start dates etc? Or is just available to current students?

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:35 am

It's scheduled to be starting in June i hear......!
Regards,
M747

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by KeithT » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 pm

michael747 wrote:It's scheduled to be starting in June i hear......!

Cool, I rang PTC several times about this and their distance learning but the guys a spoike to had no idea about it :roll:

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:20 pm

They didn't say too much abot it as i was only talking to admissions.
She said it starts in June though.

Another positive thing (for me anyway):
if your doing the ATPL DL they just let you pay the difference if you wanna change to the Integrated Course :D :D :D Happy Days :D :D
Regards,
M747