Air transport with pilot training

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

ciaran
Unverified User
Unverified User

Air transport with pilot training

Post by ciaran »

found this course at Buckinghamshire University "Air Transport with Pilot Training"...does anyone have info on this course
Sounds good...what do u think ???
If anyone is doing course please PM me !!!!
What are the course requirements??
ciaran

amg182
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by amg182 »

Hi.
Dont know much about this but Seen this info on oat site, may as well check it out.

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/news.htm

Aidan

buzz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by buzz »

It resembles some of the combined degree/pilot course available in America at places like Embry Riddle. In America the major airlines like their recruits to have college degrees.

That doesn't apply here so much so not really sure what the point of it is. It would seem to be aimed at people considering a career in airline management once they get fed up flying. Bit like Willie Walsh.

It does look like a good way of hedging your bets, if the flying doesn't work out immediately you would probably pick up a ground job in an airline quite easily. However in my direct experience :x being a pilot can cost you a job offer even from an aviation company. They think, not unreasonably that you won't stay very long as you are most likely waiting for a the flying job to come up.

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

I remember looking while in school at that college. I was told it was private so fees would apply. Not 100% on that one.