IAA Student Controller Programme open for applications today

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

Hp,

Maybe they thought you were over qualified????
Is this possible???
Regards,
M747
:D

HilstonPols
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by HilstonPols »

M747

Yes that is possible, but they did not say so. I am devastated that I lost out because of this qualification situation, not because I lost out.

I am man enough to accept failure on my part or as you suggest, overqualification.

Failure to achieve your goals is difficult to stomach regardless of the reason but I feel that I could have been told far earlier in the process that I was lacking in the educational department. That would have saved me lots of time, money and hard work preparing for what ultimately proved worthless.

I am sure when I have had more time to reflect on this I will see the good, being selected in the last 100 of 1400 applicants is something I am extremely proud of. Also I learnt a great deal about myself during the various phases of the programme.

I really appreciate all your comments, it is good to get some independant feedback, forgive me if I appear self indulgant.

Cheers

HP

p.s. Yahweh, Air Corp? (I guess that shows my lack of knowledge :-p)

Yahweh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Yahweh »

Air Corp - Irish Defence Force. Our version of the RAF.

Check the Following Link:

http://www.military.ie/aircorps/org/index.htm#cis

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

Got my letter today and didn't make it. Atleast I can finish of my degree anyway.

junglebob
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by junglebob »

I have still to hear! I'm so anxious to hear that I'm literally wetting myself! I don't know if its good or bad that I haven't heard yet! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

junglebob
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by junglebob »

Just got word now and its bad news! :cry: But I'm gonna request feedback and see why I didn't get it! What to work on and stuff!

HilstonPols
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by HilstonPols »

Unlucky folks, I also intend to ask for feedback as I need a job!

Rdgs

HP

Trigger
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Trigger »

Really found this a captivating thread, but with a disapointing ending :cry: . I feel so sorry for you guys but really well done on getting so far out of 1400.
Contributors like ourselvs to FII forum are enthusiasts so to me if you can make it to the last few, and obviously have a passion for aviation, makes it all the more unfair that you dont make it to the career.
Talk about ideal candidates.
For what it's worth I would not bother with feedback, because you all made it so far, it's obvious you could do the job,(Hilston Pols 24 years as a Military Controller ???? and did not make! It's like asking Pele can he kick a ball) so the final filters must have been down to pedantics. :roll:

Well done ! relax sit back forget about it and enjoy Christmas and the New Year.

HilstonPols
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by HilstonPols »

Trigger wrote:Really found this a captivating thread, but with a disapointing ending :cry: . I feel so sorry for you guys but really well done on getting so far out of 1400.
Contributors like ourselvs to FII forum are enthusiasts so to me if you can make it to the last few, and obviously have a passion for aviation, makes it all the more unfair that you dont make it to the career.
Talk about ideal candidates.
For what it's worth I would not bother with feedback, because you all made it so far, it's obvious you could do the job,(Hilston Pols 24 years as a Military Controller ???? and did not make! It's like asking Pele can he kick a ball) so the final filters must have been down to pedantics. :roll:

Well done ! relax sit back forget about it and enjoy Christmas and the New Year.

Thank you and

Merry Christmas to all

Mint
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Mint »

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear about all those that didn't get on to the programme. I'm curious though. Did your letters say that you've been rejected or that you've been placed on the panel for the next intake?
If you follow this link you'll see that there is some confusion as there may be two classes taken from the final 100.

So places 25 to 48 will probably be sufficient.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 78&page=11

Mint.

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround »

Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air