IAA Student Controller Programme open for applications today

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

Had my interview today, largely a good interview process. You dont find the time going! All involved are very friendly. They expect to have the results out in the first week of November.

HilstonPols
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by HilstonPols »

Hi, obviously I am not trying to know every question they asked you but, was the interview one-on-one or a panel? Also can you offer any advice svp.

Thanks

MarBergi
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by MarBergi »

HilstonPols wrote:Hi, obviously I am not trying to know every question they asked you but, was the interview one-on-one or a panel? Also can you offer any advice svp.

Thanks

Its a panel of three - mine were controllers from Shannon. All will ask questions. Overall mine was relaxed and that seems to be the common consenses. As for advice on it, from those I have talked to about it no two seem to be the same. May depend on the panel members.

AlanD
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AlanD »

not sure if it was the same for some of you, but my panel were experts at having poker faces the whole way through. I found the interview relaxing enough, but no question was ever discussed. It was ask the question, I give the answer and that was it. No reaction at all which I found odd. But I see what they were trying to do.

Also, I found some questions quite cryptic. Interesting, but cryptic.

But as said above, it would depend on who was on your panel and the personalities involved.

I found everyone exceptionally friendly which was nice.

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround »

Agree, lads were dead sound.

Wouldn't say the lads I had had poker faces but were good interviewers, put me right at ease the moment I walked in and explained exactly how the interview would be structured.

Check out the IAA website and you'll have more than enough info to carry you through and of course know what you said in your application.

I'd say they didn't go into much detail as there's 250 people to get through with a certain amount of questions to ask in a set time of 1/2 an hour, time did fly in though.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

Time went very fast for me aswell. On my questions there were a lot of follow up questions to my answers, generally picked up on by someone else. Again I suppose its the ones the far side of the table that decide on what happens.

AlanD
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AlanD »

yes the time flew by and now that I think about it, poker faced interviewers wasn't entirely accurate. Most questions did make follow up questions, but I felt that I had no idea if my answer was right or wrong. So at this stage, even though I felt I gave good answers for everything, I still have no idea how I may have got on. You know how you get that feeling based on feedback in an interview?

HilstonPols
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by HilstonPols »

So now the agonising wait begins. I had my interview on friday and overall it wasn't dreadful. As you have already said they were friendly and made me feel relaxed.

It would be good to know when you recieve your calls.

Good luck to you all

Rdgs

HP

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

Had mine on Wednesday, Went really well overall. I was interviewed by Paddy, Nick And another girl.
Cant remember her name but they were the nicest people to be interviewing you.

Will be interesting to see if i got to the next interview.
Probably not gonna persue it as a career now though. :(
Regards,
M747
:D

HilstonPols
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by HilstonPols »

michael747 wrote:Had mine on Wednesday, Went really well overall. I was interviewed by Paddy, Nick And another girl.
Cant remember her name but they were the nicest people to be interviewing you.

Will be interesting to see if i got to the next interview.
Probably not gonna persue it as a career now though. :(

Well Michael that is of course your choice but from my point of view I hope you don't get to the next stage ahead of me as I could really use this opportunity.

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

HilstonPols wrote:Well Michael that is of course your choice but from my point of view I hope you
don't get to the next stage ahead of me as I could really use this opportunity.

Thanks....... If i did get in ahead of you and i pulled out, It would be the next
person on the list would get the job. Whats the odds it would be you.
Last edited by michael747 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
M747

Trigger
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Trigger »

Hilston, Michael,
Take it easy lads, if either of you displayed this type of personality trait in the interview, you wont ever be directing Air Traffic so dont get too stressed. :roll:

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

:D :D :D
Last edited by michael747 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
M747

HilstonPols
Unverified User
Unverified User

Some clarification

Post by HilstonPols »

Michael If I offended you in any way then I apologise.

I did NOT say I hope you don't get the position, what I was trying to say was that should a person be selected that does not want the position ahead of someone that does then that would be a shame.

I am mad keen on this position and keen to succeed. I thought you meant that you were not that keen to take up the position if selected.

I misinterpreted your post and have now apologised.

I hope that is the end of this and once again I wish restate best wishes to all that are waiting news of their progress to the next stage.

Good luck

michael747
Verified User
Verified User

Post by michael747 »

I come in PEACE :D
Regards,
M747