Class 1 medical

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Class 1 medical

Post by hupla »

Hey guys im very interested in a carrer in aviation but i havent been able to start any lessons due to money really ( as usual ) I was just wondering if getting a class 1 medical now be a good idea to see if im able for it? or just wait and see when im closer to starting lessons?

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Hi hupla,

hupla wrote:was just wondering if getting a class 1 medical now be a good idea to see if im able for it? or just wait and see when im closer to starting lessons?

I think you might be better off waiting until you are closer to starting lessons. The class 1 costs nearly ?600 and needs to be renewed every year for around ?200 so while it's a good idea to get the class 1 before you start training it might be a better idea to begin when you're within a few months of beginning your training. Bear in mind the waiting list for an initial class 1 medical can be up to 3 months.

As an aside, for anyone interested in becoming a professional pilot I have written an article in the Bray Air Display programme that may be useful to some of you. After reading it it will give a good basis from which you can ask useful questions at the Professional Pilot Training Show that's coming up in September.....
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround »

This is one of the first things I did after my intro and would recommend it. It's better to know the situation from the get go instead of spending loads of money and then finding out that you can't be a pilot.

The Mater Hospital are the only ones that do a Class 1 in Ireland, costs around ?605 and testing lasts the whole day. Be prepared to spend around ?120 a year keeping it as a Class 1 or if you want it'll last you five years as a Class 2 for PPL etc.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla »

mark wrote:Hi hupla,

hupla wrote:was just wondering if getting a class 1 medical now be a good idea to see if im able for it? or just wait and see when im closer to starting lessons?

I think you might be better off waiting until you are closer to starting lessons. The class 1 costs nearly ?600 and needs to be renewed every year for around ?200 so while it's a good idea to get the class 1 before you start training it might be a better idea to begin when you're within a few months of beginning your training. Bear in mind the waiting list for an initial class 1 medical can be up to 3 months.

As an aside, for anyone interested in becoming a professional pilot I have written an article in the Bray Air Display programme that may be useful to some of you. After reading it it will give a good basis from which you can ask useful questions at the Professional Pilot Training Show that's coming up in September.....

Where is this bray air display programme? also are there many tickets still left for tht PPTS?

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Click on the link for the Dublin Flyer Show at the top of the page. I rang yesterday and ordered mine although I was told that they wouldn't arrive til the end of the month though, ?12 and it's in the Regency Hotel in Swords
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla »

yeah i wana order them wen i find out how im gona get there lol

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Hi hupla,

The Bray Airshow Programme will be available at the Bray Air Show next Sunday. See www.brayairdisplay.com for details about the show. Cover looks like this:

[/list]
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla »

mark wrote:Hi hupla,

The Bray Airshow Programme will be available at the Bray Air Show next Sunday. See www.brayairdisplay.com for details about the show. Cover looks like this:

[/list]

OMG thanks i totally forgot about this!!!

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark »

spread the word, re-scheduled to this weekend, should be a great show of Irish talent, can't wait to see the flying cow!

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nanolight »

That's a lovely design Mark. Some very sneaky photoshopping too, might I add :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla »

ill try to be there! is it sunday?

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Yeah it's Sunday, presume it's still 3pm (local!)

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla »

is it still on guys? weather isnt looking too good! ill be there anyway :)