Student PPL applications

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

EI-DJY
Unverified User
Unverified User

Student PPL applications

Post by EI-DJY »

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it is currently taking to process Student PPL applications. I am hoping to go solo at the end of next week, but I posted my application along with fee and medical yesterday.

Cheers,

Dave
From an unknown aircraft waiting in a very long takeoff line: "I'm f***ing bored!"
Ground Controller: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!"
Unknown aircraft: "I said I was f***ing bored, not f***ing stupid!"

OnTheNumbers
Verified User
Verified User

Post by OnTheNumbers »

I can't answer that for you but I have found the IAA to be quite responsive to queries like this.

A nice email to eoin.whelan@iaa.ie (contact listed on IAA site.... http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/lic_ppl.asp) enquiring about how long it generally takes will probably get you a fairly prompt, accurate answer.

Best of luck with the solo !!

David
OnTheNumbers
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.clearofcloud.ie
@clearofcloud on Twitter, Instagram

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

I went in and he did it up as I stood there, took all of 10 minutes. Post no doubt will take a few days. Shouldn't be much more than 3 days at a good guess. (Business days) But dont quote me on that.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

When I was getting mine done, I needed it for the morning of my 16th birthday, so I got in contact with Martin Leonard ( nicest and most helpful chap in the world ). They cant print the licence till the morning of your 16th birthday, so I had to get a 6am train to Dublin. But needless to say, it was ready and waiting. I'll be forever greatful to Martin for that.

But the normal processing time is about 10 - 14 working days if I remember correctly, but give them a shout and ask.

airoshane
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by airoshane »

The IAA are very quick with stuff like that. You should have it on Tuesday at the latest.

EI-DJY
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EI-DJY »

Hey folks, in case anyone is waiting on an SPPL application and wondering how long it will take, mine is arriving tomorrow by registered post, having submitted the application this day last week, so 5-6 working day turn around. Thanks for the responses!
From an unknown aircraft waiting in a very long takeoff line: "I'm f***ing bored!"
Ground Controller: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!"
Unknown aircraft: "I said I was f***ing bored, not f***ing stupid!"

KeithT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by KeithT »

airoshane wrote:The IAA are very quick with stuff like that. You should have it on Tuesday at the latest.

Agreed, they impressed me a lot when converting my medical to CAA 8)