PLEASE TELL ME HOW...?

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

airbus
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by airbus »

michael747 wrote:
Do you have to spend the 20k again to go from an 800 to a 900???
Thats redicules!!!!

Im not 100% sure but id say so :cry:

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT »

A Boeing 737 type rating does cover you for all variants provided you do a conversions course which is just like an add on, maybe 3 days or something class and a sim session or 2 .... Not sure the exact requirements. So for example a guy rated on the 737 classic 3/4/500 would just have to do a little conversion training to fly the NG 8/900 i.e NG Differences course, bit of a non event really. The same works the other way i guess . Its more of a familirisation really.
I really cant undrestand why your getting hung up on these details at your stage.
Financially you will need the thick end of 60 > 100 grand.
Academically you need to be switched on and very motivated.
If your going to be put off by the looks of a tricky subject in a book, then its not for you.
Go get the medical and VISIT the schools.

Airbus ratings are generally more expensive from what i have seen.

Guys please consider, instructing,glider towing,para-dropping,aerial work etc etc before leaping into a jet.

airbus
Unverified User
Unverified User

FLYbyWIT

Post by airbus »

Thanks FLYbyWIT

Got to be the best advise yet :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink: :P :idea:

TolTol
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TolTol »

FLYbyWIT wrote:Guys please consider, instructing,glider towing,para-dropping,aerial work etc etc before leaping into a jet.

Agree 100%. Flying the 737NG is just like playing with Microsoft flight sim!

airbus
Unverified User
Unverified User

cpl

Post by airbus »

FLYbyWIT wrote:Guys please consider, instructing,glider towing,para-dropping,aerial work etc etc before leaping into a jet.

What pilots licence would you need to be able to get work in those types of jobs would it just be as far as getting a cpl.