Air Corps

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

Aircps
Unverified User
Unverified User

Air Corps

Post by Aircps » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:32 pm

Hi

Just wondering when will the results of the final interview be sent out in the post?

Also, anyone have any idea when the successfull applicants begin training?

cheers for any replies

airoshane
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by airoshane » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:22 pm

I got a letter from them last week. I was told they don't want me. Perhaps the fact that you didn't get a letter yet is because they are organising a date and time for you... But they did say the finals were this week

Aircps
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Aircps » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:57 am

I attended the final interview this week and wanted to know when the results of the interview would be out?

i.e when would then ten cadets who have been chosen be informed and when would they start?

Thanks a lot

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:26 am

usually you know if you got it the same day as the first round of CAO offers,it has been for the last 2 years.I think this is the very last stage after the medical where you get the letter from Corporal O' Dea so there must be some contact in between.how many interviewed you for the final interview????
115 VAC @400Hz

Aircps
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Aircps » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:01 pm

so you should be contacted by them long before the CAO offers go out if they want u to go for a medical?

And you will find out if you passed the medical and have got the cadetship at the same time as the CAO offers?

Is this correct?

5 people interviewd me, 3 from the IAC, 1 Form Parc and 1 from the competitions section.

Also another seperate interview with a psychologist as wel as a hand eye coordination test.

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:40 pm

ya if you pass the medical and get the offer its the same day as the cao.i heard the psychologist interview is a bit daunting,was it a she????
115 VAC @400Hz

Aircps
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Aircps » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:51 pm

Thanks for that,

Psychologist was a man, very nice chap, it wasnt daunting at all. (compared to the interview before the board)

With the psychologist you never know if you have done well or not. Its extremely difficult to figure out what he makes of you and if he thinks your suitable.

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:58 pm

ah hope it goes well for you.chances are the best in years because i heard from an officer up to 10 are being taken this year because of the new choppers etc coming.
115 VAC @400Hz

Aircps
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Aircps » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:12 pm

Thanks a lot,

Ya they are taking on ten this year. From what i know there were about 60 going to final interview, although that seems a lot considering there were only bout 40 at the aptitude tests (for non leaving cert candidate)

squigs
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by squigs » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:18 pm

hey aircps....best of luck in the rest of it, but as far as i know the final interviews are only finished yesterday or continue into next week. i had mine on wed afternoon....interview was fairly scary...psychologist went ok as far as i know and hand/eye coord went very well according to the girl...but i have an overall bad feeling about the day so iv no news yet anyways :cry: ....training would start around the start of october i think...

Davey
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Davey » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:12 pm

Aircps wrote:Thanks a lot,

From what i know there were about 60 going to final interview, although that seems a lot considering there were only bout 40 at the aptitude tests (for non leaving cert candidate)

I did the Leaving Cert candidate aptitudes and there was about 70 ppl there....

squigs
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by squigs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:18 pm

ya it seems to be a popular venture among the leaving certers....sure why wouldnt it?? i mean college is great n all but il take a PC-9M instead of a pint of bavaria any day!!!(except during rag week obviously) :roll:....also...i think i know what dutch was talkin bout when he asked was the phschologist a girl....that girl is meant to be s**t hot aint she??? :P :wink: :lol: :shock:

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:05 pm

ha well spotted,thats exactly what I meant!! yes apparantly. :D
115 VAC @400Hz

Aircps
Unverified User
Unverified User

Aircps

Post by Aircps » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Duth Roll "ya if you pass the medical and get the offer its the same day as the cao."

RU sure about this duth roll? I spoke to a fella there recently who got as far as the medical last year and he said he was told he would be going for the medical on roughly the same day as the cao offers went out?? i.e. that the medical was about a week later!!

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:35 pm

Well a friend of mine got the offer on the same day as the CAO a few years back but im sure the medical after,i think you get the offer ''pending'' a medical exam.
115 VAC @400Hz