GIRL

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

captwannabe
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by captwannabe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:49 pm

flyingsky,

Flying a JAR 25 aircraft with pax or freight isn't "seat of the pants" flying for obvious reasons (although that is debatable if you have seen the approach into the now closed Kai Tak!). The "punching in a few numbers and waiting for the autopilot" comment is totally unfounded and shows a total lack of respect to the pilots. The autopilot is there to reduce workload and for safety reasons, and is required to be engaged when above certain speeds/altitudes. Those pilots have to manage the aircraft efficiently and safely, and so, cannot hand fly the aircraft at all times. Why would people want to do the job otherwise? That comment was insulting to airline pilots who enjoy their job and wannabes who dream of doing that job. I don't mean to sound harsh in this post, but your comments were unfair. Flying JAR 25 multi-crew ops is a very demanding job.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:40 pm

We all know that they are glorified bus drivers.....

Sexy pilot18
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sexy pilot18 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:11 pm

Ha ha entertaining stuff! Oh the madness!! Yep i'm with Nanolight and Mr. Crow! Ha ha Mr. Crow, why didnt i think of that name??

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:18 pm

8) It hardly matters if you fly GA or the heavies anyone who takes to the air in pursuit of their dream deserves respect .So let there be no squabbling . The first time it really dawns on you that under the "chassis " there is 11500ft of empty space and no layby's to break your trip is a real belly shaker..Anything coming close to exhillaration means you are too high and already suffering oxygen narcosis :twisted:

shamrock/heavy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by shamrock/heavy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:38 pm

"Punch in a few numbers and wait for the autopilot" :shock:

If that were the case why not get idiots to do the job, sounds like something they could manage without any training, punch a few numbers sounds very easy, that is untill you lose an engine and cabin pressure at the same time and your at FL370 over the North Atlantic. Thats the point where flyingsky looks for the button to punch to deal with that situation.In fairness there are times when the workload is a little less and you can relax a bit and manage the various systems but in a heatbeat that can change.Many airline pilots like to fly light singles when they get the chance because of the freedom and fun of it, its what most of them learned to fly for but that doesn't pay the bills, airlines do.

Sexypilot18 nearly every establishment in this day and age offer equal rights to men and women this includes the Air Corps. From reading your other post it sounds like you want an easy route into aviation when there isn't one.If you do happen to find one let us know.

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:00 pm

I've just checked the official 100 year anniversary book about The AIR Corps, Christ sake lads get a life. Flyer 1 you seem to have alot to say about other people, you've criticised me before on this forum, check your facts before opening that massive mouth of yours. I know that the people over in Casement are not known for their intelligence but i'm pretty sure they would not split their name into irish (aer) and english (corps) words.
their official name is The Irish Air Corps.

Back to the original question, I've heard horror stories about women joining the Air Corps, they only have two female pilots and by all accounts they're built like men, (no offence intended). One girl I know who joined left after three weeks. they had no uniform to fit her, she had to wear a male flight suit, there are very few facilities for women at Baldonnel. on her first day at Baldonnel she was brought to a room about 60foot long and 20foot wide with 1 bed in it and told "wait here, someone will come and get you" 4 hours later someone did come, only to tell her "jasus we forgot all about you". This girl met all the physical requirements, including height but in reality she still needed 2 cushions when flying anything they put her in, couple that with having to wear a male flight suit which was two sizes too big for her and this made for some very uncomfortable flying.

But all that said, go for it, never mind what other narrow minded people say, especially when they get personal (w***ers). E-mail me if you want me to put you in touch with someone who will give you first hand accounts of life at Baldonnel.

By the way I almost forgot, Flyer 1 maybe you should take up kniting or sewing, your attitiude is perhaps better suited to those rather than flying.

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:41 pm

well maybe your hearing wrong from the don because i know of two female pilots in there who are far from built like men,and where do you get the assumption that people in the don aren't intelligent??? what a load of shit.who left after 3 weeks because a flightsuit wouldnt fit??thats absolute horseshit because you dont get a flightsuit until maybe after 8 months and its probably personally fitted.I dont think as a cadet when you get posted to the don you actually go flying within the first 3 weeks,it starts with theory modules.so your account is wrong.

your speaking about attitudes to flyer 1 when you come here and post that rubbish
115 VAC @400Hz

flyingsky
Unverified User
Unverified User

Punching in numbers

Post by flyingsky » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:49 pm

I wasn't trying to disrespect any pilot of any airlines and I know many of them who fly light aircraft on there time off, because it's fun. That was the point i was trying to make to sexypilot18, if you want to fly because you love flying and want to have some fun and get some experience that you wouldn't get elsewhere why not get a secure job within the air corps and you can walk into any airline after.

And Tom
I really don't think you would say the female aircorp pilots were built like men if you were to meet them. Most girls would love to have a figure like they have, size 8 to 10 with curves, i dont know many men built like that.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:19 pm

Lighten up Tom.

If we all took things as seriously as you this world would be a dismal place.

If you dont like the way I express my opinions then I suggest you choose to ignore reading my posts. ohh and by the way. I've been actively involved in aviation for as long as I can remember. And yet you're the first person to have any problems with me. Pity that, isn't it.

TCAS
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TCAS » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:37 pm

tom in weston wrote:Flyer 1 you seem to have alot to say about other people, you've criticised me before on this forum, check your facts before opening that massive mouth of yours.

Just because a fellow poster criticises or disagrees with an opinion expressed is no need to go firing insults at a them now is it?
Last edited by TCAS on Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

captwannabe
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Punching in numbers

Post by captwannabe » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:43 pm

flyingsky wrote:you can walk into any airline after

I wouldn't go that far, but you do get a lot of experience.

Cathal
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cathal » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:51 pm

I love all the fighting , i don't know why people watch big Brother when you can simply log-on here. :D :lol: :D

Sexy pilot18
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sexy pilot18 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:03 pm

Did anyone watch Mid-Air Collision Over Britain on tv?? Scary stuff!!!

Cathal
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cathal » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:22 pm

yea , it was a bit like the one they did in Dublin about what would happen if there was a fault in Sellafield

squigs
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by squigs » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:28 am

i saw one of the girls in the don bout a year ago......respect...she aint no man!!...