Rubbish about ORK on Shannon enthusiast site.....

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

eoinok
Unverified User
Unverified User

Rubbish about ORK on Shannon enthusiast site.....

Post by eoinok » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:58 pm

Been an avid reader of this forum for many months now but this has prompted me to post for the 1st time.

Suss out the banner on
http://www.shannonairportenthusiasts.net/

The very 1st one.

The bit within the banner where it says "ahead of Cork on technology, and routes operated"

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

This is something that a child would come up with??
What about Kerry, knock, Galway, Dublin, Sligo etc???

Could the webmaster not come up with something more intellectual or encompassing????

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:19 pm

Colm, man, what the hell?

For gods sakes people, these places are airports. Arguing about which is better is immature, and largely redundant seeing as how airports generally have employees to do the same job (you know, PR's and managers).
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

-Al-
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by -Al- » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:58 pm

people please!!!!!!!!!!

we all know sligo tops all irish airports :P

(it wishes)
--- "Hey there blimpy boy, flying so high and fancy free" --- Homer Simpson

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:27 pm

Eoin, I understand you. You have to remember though that some of these sites are run by people, I am trying to be polite and non offensive as I can, but I think their enthusiasm far surpasses their knowledge. Its like people and their football team. Some of them are very young early teenagers. You really have to admire their efforts, some of the spotters sites are very professional. When you keep in mind these things, you can take it all with a pinch of salt and not get upset.
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

VNAV PTH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by VNAV PTH » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:25 pm

We all know that all Irish airports are a joke! I`ve been to a lot, both as crew and as a pax, and 3 "major" Irish ones make us the laughing stock of Europe.

The airport managers ( :roll: ) should be sent to Hong Kong, Singapore or even Tokyo Narita to see how a proper airport should be run.

Now thats enough ranting for 1 day!!......

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Rallye EIBFP » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:47 pm

Eoin- If you have a problem with anything on my site please email me: colm@shannonairportenthusiasts.net one thing that does my nut is people going off sticking it under other peoples noses....... that banner will change every week BTW. I dont want to hear any more!

Well said cosmic....whats that about a barstool?

You should see frosties site "Ahead of Shannon etc etc etc" thats what prompted me to do it!

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:02 am

Colm, one thing you have to remember, there will always be idiots out there, who tru thier own ignorance, have to have thier "pound of flesh"...just so "Irish"...keep up the good work....

eoinok
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by eoinok » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:45 am

Look, I dont want this to degenerate into a slanging match like the "757-200 into Cork" has become.

I do admire your enthusiasim but sometimes one has to step in and call it as it is.
Fair bones for being a fanatical Shannon supporter and sticking to your guns at all cost and no matter what facts are put in front of you to prove otherwise. Being a Totenham Hotspur supporter all my life, I can sympathise with you. In any arguement, the only thing I can do is blindly back up Spurs, regardless of what I know them to be rubbish!!

Your new logo there, "ShannonAirport - home of the A330"
Could blow holes in that again.
Will just take one shot (have 10 bullets that I could use, but will only use 1 here)
"home of the A330" - Didn't realise that Shannon was the only airport in the world that the A330 operates from??

It is just very hard to take the site seriously with stuff like this being put up.

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:49 am

maybe i shouldnt reply because my posts will be deleted again.

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Rallye EIBFP » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:58 am

eoinok wrote:Look, I dont want this to degenerate into a slanging match like the "757-200 into Cork" has become.

I do admire your enthusiasim but sometimes one has to step in and call it as it is.
Fair bones for being a fanatical Shannon supporter and sticking to your guns at all cost and no matter what facts are put in front of you to prove otherwise. Being a Totenham Hotspur supporter all my life, I can sympathise with you. In any arguement, the only thing I can do is blindly back up Spurs, regardless of what I know them to be rubbish!!

Your new logo there, "ShannonAirport - home of the A330"
Could blow holes in that again.
Will just take one shot (have 10 bullets that I could use, but will only use 1 here)
"home of the A330" - Didn't realise that Shannon was the only airport in the world that the A330 operates from??

It is just very hard to take the site seriously with stuff like this being put up.

I was saying that this particular A332 is based in Shannon- k??
Everything is painful in aviation. Especially competition between two airports that are 70 odd miles apart....................come on like EINN always gets the wrong side of the stick.....its only a friggin banner!

angelshigh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by angelshigh » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:14 pm

I cant beleive this is actually a thread......FFS... :roll:

Maybe Mark should close it :x

AH

eoinok
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by eoinok » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:18 pm

Exact same should be said about the 757-200 thread angels high......

Anyway, we all know KIR would kick our rear end if they had a longer runway :)

A330
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by A330 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:01 am

Ah its finally getting like PPRUNE!

Come on guys give it a break

A330

eoinok
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by eoinok » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:03 am

dont insult pprune like that!!!!!!