Cork-NewYork direct ............757-200

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

EI841
Unverified User
Unverified User

Cork-NewYork direct ............757-200

Post by EI841 »

Heard on RedFm today that there is an American airline starting opps from New York to Cork (EICK) this October! I didnt cath the name of the airline, but i got enough. There was supposed to be a direct flight starting some time last year but it fell through, this time its for real!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Take offs are optional, but landings aare manditory!

Dublin Spotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

re CRK - US B757 flights.

Post by Dublin Spotter »

This flight wont "take off" until such time as the Gov water down the SNN stopover. Until such a decision is made then CRK and DUB are not going to see any further expansion on TA routes.

All right AA are now daily to DUB, but they also had to throw a B757 from BOS to keep the SNN "faithfull" silent.

Michael J Gallagher
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Michael J Gallagher »

Weren't the management on about a TA flight from October before.

Frosty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Frosty »

AT LAST - CORK TO FLY NEW YORK
THE commencement of what will hopefully by a year-round Cork-US service begins this October 27 when the first Boeing 757 leaves Cork Airport for JFK Airport, New York,
By MICHAEL CARR
Inside Cork

The twice-weekly route, departing on Mondays and Thursdays, will carry up to 840 passengers to and from Cork per week and will be run by Slattery's USA, a subsidiary of the Kerry-based tour operator, Slattery's Travel. Flights will start at ?399 and have already gone on sale from the company's website.
The Boeing 757 will overnight on Sundays and Wednesdays.
The flights depart Cork Airport 11.30am and arrive at JFK 13.45. Ryan International Airlines are set to be Slattery's airline partner for the JFK route, and speculation is that this may pave the way for the likes of US Airlines Continental and American Airlines to com?mence services from Cork Airport next summer.
Lorretta Brennan-Glucksman, a member of the board of directors at Cork Airport and Chairperson of the Ireland-America Fund is understood by Inside Cork to be in negotiations with at least one of these US airlines.
Commenting on the new route yesterday evening, David Slattery, Managing Director, Slattery's USA, said, "New York City, one of the great capitals of the world, is now closer than ever to the people of Cork.
"It is Cork Airport's first ever, regular transatlantic service. Not only will the service bring the people of Cork, and beyond, closer to New York; it also brings New Yorkers, and Irish people living and working there, easy and frequent access back into Cork. This will have considerable economic benefits for tourism in the south of Ireland."
He was joined by Joe Gantly, Chairman of Cork Airport Authority who said, "This has been one of the board's primary objectives since its establishment and responds to the needs of both the business and leisure sectors. The establishment of this service ful?fils a long-held desire of both the employees and management of Cork International Airport to devel?op a transatlantic service out of Cork."
The news coincides with Aer Arann's announcement that it is to increase the amount of flights on its Cork-Dublin route from nine to eleven daily. Commenting on the announcement Padraig O'Ceidigh, Managing Director for Aer Arann said, "Cork is a major hub for Aer Arann with over 25% of our fleet based here and passenger numbers in excess of 133,000 for 2005 to date.
Meanwhile, Cork Airport Authority is no closer to appointing a CEO, despite the apparent urgency of the situation. A spokesperson from the airport said that the board would wait until a new business plan had been decided upon by the Department of Transport.

Sourced from Inside Cork[/i]
Regards,
Aidan

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

YAY; cool stuff :P
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:?: Are the pax no for aer arrann or for cork a/p :?:

Frosty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Frosty »

Pax numbers for Aer Arann ops in Cork. Cork Airport is about 3,000,000 passeners a year now :D
This is good news, but whats going to happen with the stopover etc. :?:
Regards,
Aidan

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll »

Yhe stopover must be put to an end! mayb shannon isnt as viable as it used to be!!

Frosty
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Frosty »

Ya figure!!

I heard somewhere that its only scheduled flights that necessitate a stopover at Shannon, and since I think this is a charter, it won't have to go to that obsolete hole in the West (no disrespect to Shannoners!) :D :D
Regards,
Aidan

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Rallye EIBFP »

Wot! Shannon is no obsolete hole! Very unobsolete!

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

eeesh hit a sore spot :shock: I quite like EINN; it seems real underrated. I'd prefer to get a flight out of EINN than EIDW any day - easier to get to for one thing. There again, if EICK can do it all soon enough it'll be the best outcome.
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:( With the amount of Bush/babies transiting through NN it has become a very dodgy spot . The newest annex to the USA .AND DAMN AND BLAST BERTIE FOR THAT. putting my friends and countrymen in danger for the profit on a few cups of coffee and A1 which is probably dillied out duty free to the war mongering gits. MY COUNTRY IS NEUTRAL>or is it? :twisted: I feel a lot better now ...re-entry you know :wink:

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE »

My friend is a Captain with Ryan International, and last month he was asking me what things were like in Ireland as he was thinking of bidding for the contract(flying part) so there must be some truth about the operation. He is currently operating out of Atlantic City Int on domestic routes.

dowlingm
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by dowlingm »

Let's hope they can get in with the customary weather at EICK.

I think 757 ops could do well from Cork, Shannon and maybe Knock.

Anyone know if Ryan are wingleting their 757s like CO? Would make sense if they are transatlantic.

Eddie Dillon
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Eddie Dillon »

Obsolete hole?? One of the most famous airports in the world? The longest runway in Ireland, the home of duty-free, base to 2 An-124s and a whole host of other important cargo and maintenance operations and about a million other things.

An obsolete hole you say? Maybe back in the fifties the hole bit had a bit of substance but come on. Anyway, coming from a Cork guy thats a bit rich.

Come back to me when ye get an airbridge or something :x