ATR On The Loose?

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

ATR On The Loose?

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

Anybody find out anymore details about that runaway Aer Arann ATR42 at Dublin Today- What part of the Airport was it at- I'm guessing around the old Iona Ramp, from describtions of the location on Newstalk 106?
It doesn't look good for the driver, although, knowing the airport- they probably forgot to service the thing, with their increased security worries!
:lol:

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

:?: What happened??
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

I don't have a clue- I heard it on the radio once- and then there seems to be a cover up??? :?:

EIWAT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIWAT »

From what i heard when the atr was being towed from stand to gate on of the wheels of the towbar left the apron and went onto grass, typical media over exuberance
Regards

EI-WAT

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

Oh, big deal then :roll: During push-back, the plane travels at such a negligible speed nothing crazy can happen surely. Plus, the fact that it rolled onto a high-friction surface (grass) means that all is well!!
I OWN THE SUN

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

alphaLaura wrote:Oh, big deal then :roll: During push-back, the plane travels at such a negligible speed nothing crazy can happen surely. Plus, the fact that it rolled onto a high-friction surface (grass) means that all is well!!
Be a nice thing to bend an oleo :x

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll »

nothing major could happen with those towbars,they are designed to shear off instead of the aircraft being damaged

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

EI-DEL - true, but that would have depended on whether it rolled onto grass that was on a higher level than the tarmac, or, if the grass rose from tarmac level quickly.
I OWN THE SUN