Memory Lane EIWF

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

Tonybwf
Unverified User
Unverified User

Memory Lane EIWF

Post by Tonybwf » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi guys,

i came across this picture today
Douglas.jpg
Douglas.jpg (84.7 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
Type: Douglas DC-7C
Owner / Operator: South East Aviation Enthusiasts
Aircraft Registration: G-AOIE
Construction Number: 45115
Date: 16th May 1997

most people in waterford would remember this DC-7 in waterford airport i have great memories of this plane as every sunday when i was a kid i was stuck in the cockpit of it pushing switches n opening throttles i have some personal pics of my own init and the chipmunk that was there n the B707 cockpit great memories ! pity it didnt continue.....this is definetly where my fascination came from for everything skywards
Last edited by Tonybwf on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Tony

?The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.?

kilo delta
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Memory Lane EIWF

Post by kilo delta » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:11 pm

The forward fuselage and cockpit section is now kept at the Cavan and Leitrim museum in Dromad . There are a few pics of the cockpit here http://www.flyinginireland.com/forum/vi ... f=1&t=4102

The pictures are resized on that link due to the forum changes....though they should display correctly if you click on them.

Tonybwf
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Memory Lane EIWF

Post by Tonybwf » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 am

Thanks very much for that info n pics im delighted that the DC is still around im definetly going to go uppn see her again........
Regards
Tony

?The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.?