Aerlingus A320's

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

Dublin Spotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

Aerlingus A320's

Post by Dublin Spotter » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:53 am

Would anyone know the configuration / delievery schedule of the new A320's Aerlingus have on order? I ask this as I was wondering how they could use these new Aircraft on the routes they have cut premier class from.

Mick G

Akerosid
Unverified User
Unverified User

Aer Lingus A320s

Post by Akerosid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:38 am

c/n
2191 EI-DEA (leased from ILFC) May 04
2206 EI-DEB Ditto May 04
2217 EI-DEC Ditto June 04
(No EI-DED assigned; EI A320 sequence will run through to DEx sequence, except for 'ED and 'EQ.)
2250 EI-DEE Directly ordered Aug 04
2256 EI-DEF Ditto Sep 04
2284 EI-DEG Ditto Oct 04
2384 EI-DEH Ditto Feb 05

(Source Aviation Letter/446, Jan 04)

I believe the new aircraft will be equipped with 174 seats. I think some of the existing 320s might be kept as they are, as there will still be two or three routes where they will keep C class.

Toulouse
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Toulouse » Mon May 17, 2004 9:48 am

Just was brand-new Aer Lingus EI-DEB A320 take off from Toulouse Blagnac airport this morning at 10.10am... perhaps the delivery flight. Nice to see the two EI tails at the airport this morning as EI-DEB departed about 10 minutes after the arrival of EI 532 Boeing 737-500 from Dublin.

Annnnd.... just saw A342 prototype take off from my garden (I'm just 8km. from the airport) testing the new RR Trent 900 engines for the first time. As far as I believe, these are the new engines to be used on the A380. They weren't any noiser than any other 340/330 taking off.

Wow, it's wondful living here!

Tom the Tenor
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Tom the Tenor » Mon May 17, 2004 10:01 am

You are so lucky, there, Toulouse! All that regular flight testing and stuff would appeal to me big time.

What is Toulouse like for regular line traffic? Mostly, domestic, European and North African?

Toulouse
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Toulouse » Mon May 17, 2004 12:53 pm

Yeah Tom The Tenor, it's a great place for spotting. Toulouse airport is actually the fourth airport in France in terms of passenger traffic and the second in terms of cargo. Lots of regular domestic traffic, mainly lots of AF 320's, 319's and 321's to Paris and lots of embraers and candairs on other regional services. On the international side, EI to Dublin 4 times weekly, lots of traffic to UK (BA, Flybe, Bmibaby, BMI), Iberia to Madrid, Maersk Air to Copenhagen, a lot of Lufthansa traffic (yet mainly regional aircraft), Air Transat to Monteal, lots of North African services, Portugalia to Lisbon, Privat Air 319's (shuttle service between Airbus sites). That's about all. At the weekends there's quite a lot of charter traffic, mainly to Spain (Spanair, Air Europa and Futural are all usually present), Air mediterran?e to numerous destinations including Shannon, and other French charters to Greece and Italy. Lots of UK and Irish charter traffic during the winter for skiiers to the nearby Pyrenees.
All this along with all the Airbus Industrie traffic + French wine and good weather makes it quite an interesting airport.

Tom the Tenor
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Tom the Tenor » Mon May 17, 2004 3:45 pm

Thanks for the interesting update, Toulouse. Yes, sounds like quite a place. Could lap that up nicely. I take it the Air Transat flights to Montreal are charters rather than scheduled flights? Good variety of traffic.

Mind you, Cork does have it's days like yesterday. The place was heaving around 4 pm. Reminded me of peak time Stansted. The security screening queues were going all the way back as far as the bar! Aircraft from 3RE, WW, 2EI, 2JKK, 1FUA, 1LXR, Czeck Travel Serivce 737 and the TNT BAe 146 all on the ramp at the same time. The Air Luxor was an A330 to boot. Even the weather at Cork was as good as Toulouse must be most of the time in summer.

Bet the beer and wine is a lot cheaper though in Toulouse than at Cork?