Aer Arann

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

C152
Verified User
Verified User

Aer Arann

Post by C152 »

They are doing costings on a trans atlantic service, are they running before they can walk :oops: I suppose it cost nothing to do costings

Akerosid
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Akerosid »

Perhaps they could operate EI's SNN services on its behalf, using (for example) a 757 - even a wet leased 757 in a high density configuration to the mainline cities, but also open other ones. The more services operated ex SNN, the more credits available for EI to operate ex DUB.

As a quid quo pro, EI could then extend its interlining at DUB to include all RE domestic flights. From a psychological viewpoint, this would be particularly important in that it would prove conclusively that the north, west and south/west of the country are more easily accessible from DUB than from SNN, effectively isolating the Shannonsiders.

Dublin Spotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

re: Aerarann US Expansion

Post by Dublin Spotter »

Does anyone have further info on this? I read on pprune that there is to be an employee meeting soon in the City West hotel.

Michael J Gallagher
Unverified User
Unverified User

It could work

Post by Michael J Gallagher »

I think Aer Arann sees a profit in this even if they did once a week flights it would get the numbers. So i guess the question is what airport to fly from Cork, Knock, Shannon or Kerry. I was just on airliners.net and they have the Aer Arann story too. Good for Aer Arann and least they're trying to look at developing small airports unlike another carrier!!!

mikekilo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mikekilo »

From todays papers;

Aer Arann, the Galway-based regional airline, made a profit before tax of ?2.6 million last year. The company's accounts show a 63 per cent increase in sales for the year to December 2003 and indicate the airline has moved away from its dependence on Government subsidies.

Turnover rose from ?26.8 million to ?43.7 million, reflecting the expansion of the group's scheduled routes. Gross profit on these routes rose from ?2.6 million to just over ?9 million.

The increase in sales was split between domestic and UK routes. Sales on routes between the Republic and the UK rose from ?5.3 million to ?15.6 million.

The subvention from the Government for operating routes under the Essential Air Services (EAS) programme rose from ?16.5 million to ?17.5 million, but the cost of flying these routes rose from ?11.2 million to ?16.5 million.

In the past Aer Arann has relied on contributions from its subsidised routes business to be profitable. But the most recent set of accounts show that the company was profitable without the net contribution of just over ?1 million from the EAS routes.

The company has also wiped out the deficit on its balance sheet of ?330,000 and finished the year with net shareholders funds of ?1.9 million. Cash in hand at the year-end rose from ?5 million to just under ?12 million.

According to the accounts the company had bank loans and finance lease obligations totalling ?1.16 million.

The number of employees rose from 223 to 288, with staff costs rising from ?6.9 million to ?9.3 million. Directors' remuneration fell from ?477,335 to ?280,347 and the directors received no fees. The two directors are listed as Mr P?draig ? Ceidigh and Ms Caitlin N? Cheidigh. Directors' loans stood at ?460,835 at year-end as against ?705,218 in 2002. The company is ultimately controlled by Mr ? Ceidigh.

The accounts also detail consultancy payments to two former Aer Lingus executives. Mr Larry Stanley, former acting chief executive of Aer Lingus, received ?22,225, while Mr Paul D'Alton, former chief financial officer of the national carrier, who is currently finance director of Waterford Wedgwood, was paid ?54,450. Both men joined the board of Aer Arann subsequent to the year-end.

The company expects turnover to reach ?80 million this year and currently operates five routes under the EAS programme and another 17 on a purely commercial basis.

The airline recently began flying from Knock to Liverpool and is looking at the possibility of opening a route from Galway to Lorient in France.

Michael J Gallagher
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Michael J Gallagher »

Doesn't Galway already have the Lorient flight with a stopover in Waterford?

EIWAT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIWAT »

Yes it does! That report seems to be slightly old to say the least.
Regards

EI-WAT

LadJet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by LadJet »

I assume the mean that Galway will get a direct service next year.

GWY LRT WAT LRT GWY

Regards

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

Post by stovepipe »

Hi all
My spy within tells me that the answer to everyone's question is "No jets, no transAtlantic".Naturally, i stand to be corrected.
regards
S

C152
Verified User
Verified User

Post by C152 »

Hi Stove,
its just costings no decisions have been made

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Atr 72

Post by Lambada Crazy »

Did anyone hear about the Atr 72 in Waterford. Aparently the nosewheel went walkies.
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

EIWAT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIWAT »

Nose Wheel went walkies can you elabroate???
Regards

EI-WAT

EI841
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EI841 »

Im no geneous, but im guessing that the nosewheel parted with the aircraft ie: the nosewheel colapsed. :D
Take offs are optional, but landings aare manditory!

danelane2000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by danelane2000 »

i heard that about the REA plane,

The wheel fell off during finals, no one was injured: http://www.ifsd.ie/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4690

pa.
Cork Live Director,
www.cork-live.com

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

EI-REF landed in Waterford on Friday evening. Just as he was turning around at the end of the runway AFTER the landing the Left hand nose wheel ( ATR has 2 nose wheels as ye know ) seperated.

The problem was that the shaft for the left hand wheel broke. It's not the first ATR that has had problem's with the nosewheel. The aircraft then Departed Waterford on Saturday Evening to Dublin.

That's all that happened. NO Damage