Anyone on Ryanair TR 6th April

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

dara
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by dara » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:11 am

You're not flying for ryr you are flying for brookfield who contract you out to ryr just as they could send you to another airline. Well thats the theory!!
Not saying its right but thats how it is at the moment
If you are asking me if this old plane is safe to fly, how do you think it got to be this old?

daveyb
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by daveyb » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi Andy,

to set yourself up as a sole trader(i.e self employed) its simple just phone the revenue and explain to them what your doing.

I know of lots of people that have done it going from paye sector to self employed.if Shamrock heavy is corect in saying that brookfield wont pay you untill your set up as a sole trader.

im sure it would be in your contract about it so you just show it to the revenue the only way you would not be able to set up as a sole trader if brookfield where paying prsi contributions/tax&holiday pay to you.

on the working for ryanair thing every day if you look around you will see fedex/tnt/dhl trucks&vans there is a 70% chance that the person driving is self employed they just carrry out work on behalf of the companies there contracted to.

So each driver is responsible for there own tax&insurance vat returns etc.

any more questions let me know and i will try and get the brain thinking on anything i might have left out.

rgds davey

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:22 pm

dara wrote:You're not flying for ryr you are flying for brookfield who contract you out to ryr just as they could send you to another airline. Well thats the theory!!
Not saying its right but thats how it is at the moment

I know that dara but will the Revenue see it that way?.

Thanks Davey for all your help.

Is this the form I need to fill out?
http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/forms/formtr1.pdf
or this one?
http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/forms/formtr2.pdf

daveyb
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by daveyb » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:07 pm

hi andy check your private msg