Waterford Runway Ext....

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

Tonybwf
Unverified User
Unverified User

Waterford Runway Ext....

Post by Tonybwf » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi all,

i see there was a big discussion on the topic of the runway extension @ waterford, i was wondering i have a friend whos family own a house @ the end of the runway who told me that the airport is buyin there house to make way for a runway ext, i took him @ face value but im wondering is there truth in it or have compulsulary orders started by some public body?...great if it was id love to the airport expand i think it would be long over due...can any1 shed any light on this or any up dates on this project??
Last edited by Tonybwf on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dublin Spotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

CPO

Post by Dublin Spotter » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:10 pm

I taught that CPO can only be made by Public Bodies, as Waterford airport is privatley owned, I dont think thay can go own this line.

MarBergi
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Waterford Runway Ext....

Post by MarBergi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Saturn5 wrote:Hi all,

i see there was a big discussion on the topic of the runway extension @ waterford, i was wondering i have a friend whos family own a house @ the end of the runway who told me that the airport is buyin there house to make way for a runway ext, i took him @ face value but im wondering is there truth in it have compulsulary orders started...great if it was id love to the airport expand i think it would be long over due...can any1 shed any light on this or any up dates on this project??

Did your friend mention CPO's - they may just have parked a truck load of money in their front yard :shock:

In all reality the airport offered them market value or above, and with the housing market going the way it is they decided to take it.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:23 pm

even though waterford airport are a private company, dont they have the facilities leased from Waterford CoCO? Any1 in the know?
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.