EIWF- Progress!!!

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

EIWF- Progress!!!

Post by Lambada Crazy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Woohoo,

The airport road is making shapes, looks like its gonna be a great road when its done,

I also heard that the new service from Waterford to malaga, faro and bordeaux is gonna get pulled in september despite the great response from the South East, it seems to be full every day, although the bordeaux service is not too well,

Anyone have any idea why theyre gonna stop in september, its only running 2 months?
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

ei6265
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ei6265 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:44 pm

I presume its because theyre summer destinations.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:52 pm

yeah, why not pick different routes, they are just stopping as far as i know???????

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:50 pm

You mean there'll be no more 146?

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:37 pm

yeah, once september comes they go so ive heard! theyve barely just got started, i do hope they continue the service!!!

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:51 pm

They'd want to do a job on that airport road as it is. Potholes there you'd lose your house to.

Hoss
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Hoss » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi Andrew,
Would you like to quote the source of your speculation regarding the 146 operation? For your info these routes were scheduled to operate to the end of September from day one, as can be seen on www.slatterys.com (and there is still availability through to the end of September). Whether some of these routes, or other routes, operate beyond this timeframe has yet to be announced.
Please have some regard for those who may be depending for their employment on this operation when publishing your speculation on a public forum such as this.

DivX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DivX » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:03 pm

Lambada Crazy,

By now it would make alot more sense not listening to the boys in "the club" !. I dont like your phrase to "get pulled", as highlighed above how can you pull something that was scheduled to stop anyway ?

As someone who has inside information on the Nex/146 operation, I know that you dont !.

Very soon Nex will make an announcment on their winter schedule. If its good news for both Galway & Waterford is another thing but the airline is going nowhere for the moment.

DX

TolTol
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TolTol » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:39 pm

Get down of it lads, its an internet forum.

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:50 am

On the subject of Waterford, thank god!

It's about time the city was finally given a proper airport, look at the development standards elsewhere!

Further to your comments previously, in all fairness if Michael O'Leary, Air France and otherwise were reading these forums and taking everything seen on them as "what the people want", I think we'd have cheap flight training, a national aviation museum, and a nice big Sponsorship on Marks continually premier aviation website in the country. Another important point is internet liable, only takes into account actual facts, not innuendo, which is fair more interesting to come to conclusions upon!

Regards,
Byron

DivX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DivX » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:48 am

Work has finally starting on increasing ramp space this week.

Looks like it is going to take about 2 months to complete with the main extension running from the terminal torwards the Coast guard hangar.

Dv

OW wright
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by OW wright » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:31 pm

hello all,

i hope with all the work and improvements made at EIWF that it maintains it's friendliness towards GA. I have to say it's a good airport to fly into and also if your enroute to the UK , pilot briefing area with internet available.

On the subject of Waterford does anyone know of any nearby B&B's for an overnight stay ? within a reasonable distance.

O.W.
Wright Brothers.Aviation Pioneers: Orville (1871-1948) born in Dayton ,OH and Wilbur(1867-1912)born near Millville,IN. They were the First to Fly in a powered heavier-than-air-machine ,17th Dec 1903 at Kitty Hawk ,NC.

DivX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Waterford-London now the biggest cross-channel route for RE

Post by DivX » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:50 pm

Interesting piece of news from Aer Arann website

Waterford-London now the biggest cross-channel route for Aer Arann

Waterford ? London breaks 9,000 per month for the first time
Waterford accounts for 10% of total Aer Arann traffic
The Waterford-London Luton route carried 9,106 passengers in August 2007 ? the first time any cross-channel route from Waterford has passed the 9,000 passengers per month mark.

Colin Lewis, Head of Sales and Marketing at Aer Arann, announced: ?We are delighted that Aer Arann?s Waterford-London Luton route is our first route to break the 9,000 passengers per month target. Our business on this route is 30% ahead of August 2006.

Lewis continued: ?This news is a great follow up to last month?s announcement that August 2007 has been the busiest ever for Aer Arann since the airline began operating commercial flights from Waterford Airport in 2003. Our decision last May to open up a base, creating up to 45 new jobs, to cater for the increased activity at Waterford has been truly vindicated. The people of the South-East have really responded ? Aer Arann?s passenger numbers out of Waterford Airport are up a whopping 36% year to date 2007, compared to 2006.

Graham Doyle, Chief Executive of Waterford Airport, said: ?I?m delighted that Aer Arann Waterford-London Luton now carries over 9,000 passengers. The increased frequency and better timings on this route has given greater flexibility to the people in the southeast. Additionally, it?s a great reflection of the number of UK tourists choosing to make the region their first choice holiday destination? he added. ?I?m confident that it won?t be long before we hit the 10,000 mark?.