Diploma in Management Studies - Aviation & Transport

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

Irishwingz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Diploma in Management Studies - Aviation & Transport

Post by Irishwingz »

Hi All

This 2 year part time course is run by DIT Aungier St and the IAA, have any readers done it? I'm thinking of enrolling this september.

Cheers

ryr448l
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ryr448l »

Hello, where did you get this info, went onto dit website and found nothing :oops:

Irishwingz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Irishwingz »

From the IAA themselves. I heard about it from one of my customers, I work in the iaviation business.

Call the IAA on 016718655 and ask for Brian Joyce or Claire O'Donoghue

Or pm me your email address and I'l email you the course info.

Cheers

ryr448l
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ryr448l »

Hi, check your pm :D

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround »

Hi,

Just came accross this post now, I started the Dip. in September, definatly recommend it if anyone is thinking of it next year.

Doing my PPL at the moment and planning to go on commercial so it helps to have something extra on the CV.

It's only 10 days in class per academic year so blends well with work and training. There's a big emphasis on flexibality, which really helps too, so if I can't make it to one class I can switch no problem.

PM me if you want any more info
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT »

Why does it have to be all PM's, its a public course so make available here for viewing for all. It sounds interesting, so post away and if nobody wants to just email me it then.
Landing is a controlled collision with a planet.

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

My reason for this is that some people may feel more comfortable sending a PM than posting a supposable 'stupid' question shown in view of all.

Feel free to post a reply, it really makes no difference and don't be under the impression I am keeping anything under wraps, I haven't given this impression although your reply implies this.

If you have any questions on the course fire away by all means.

Here's a link to the IAA website that will give you some more info;

http://www.iaa.ie/comm_trn/lift_off.asp

Course Structure
− Ten two-day modules over two years
− Six weeks apart
− No exams!
− Continuous assessment via 2,500?3,000 word essays.
− End of programme dissertation

Joint Delivery:
− DIT lecturers, and
− Appropriately qualified senior industry experts
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

Is it not the case that you have to be employed in the area to get into the course? I enquired about it in first year of my course in DIT and was told it wasn't open to the public.

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

It only opened up to the public this year but most of the lads are employed in the industry and are sponsored by their company to go.

Just to be clear it's for the aviation and transport sectors so you have Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus lads there too, although the vast majority are employed in the aviation industry.

So far, along with myself there's only one other fella I came across that wasn't involved in either sector but as with myself he did want to get into it.

Hope this helps.

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

Unforunately it came on stream a bit too late for me. Looks like I'll be doing MSc in International Business as thats as close as they have at the moment for beyond the Level 8s.

runner
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by runner »

on the topic of further education in aviation, are there any onther courses in this field?

Im aware Aero in Limeirck and a new one Aircraft systems in Carlow. Does anyone know what these or others are like?

Thanks in advance