Easyjet officially gone from Ireland

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

corkspotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

Easyjet officially gone from Ireland

Post by corkspotter »

Evening all,

From Sep 30th there will be no easyjet flights into Cork, Shannon, Knock. I guess the usual Ryanair tactic has worked, although thier loads from Cork are at least 90% all the time. Yield must be crap!! I guess the announcement of a third early morning Ryanair departure to LGW instead of the 0645 Dublin didnt help either.

Regards,

Paul

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

Not good news. I've had the pleasure of flying with Easyjet twice on a return hop to LGW from NOC. If I do that trip again I'd say I'd pay the extra cash and fly with BAW from DUB. :cry:

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll »

i know ryanair had a lot to do with it,if O'Leary sees them pulling out of ireland he's going to chase them everywhere.
115 VAC @400Hz

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 »

One can't help but admire the man's tactics.

corkspotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by corkspotter »

Just read today that Ryanair are now stopping their NOC-LGW route. Now that doesn't make sense, get rid of the competition and then pull off yourself :x :x :x :evil:

Paul

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM »

corkspotter wrote:Just read today that Ryanair are now stopping their NOC-LGW route. Now that doesn't make sense, get rid of the competition and then pull off yourself :x :x :x :evil:

Paul

Flyer1 wrote:One can't help but admire the man's tactics.

Yep loads to admire there... Pull a route that would work daily with 1 carrier... Reminds me of MyTravel Lite pulling BHX-NOC and BMIBaby come in with twice daily on some days. Sometimes I think it defies logic to scrap what works to go for something that wont. :roll: