RAF Merlin in Cork today!

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

corkspotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

RAF Merlin in Cork today!

Post by corkspotter » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:36 pm

Evening all,

RAF Merlin ZH857 dropped into Cork for about 15 mins today. Apparently it came from a Royal Navy ship with an injured crew member with minor injuries to his leg. Managed to get a ramp shot of it which will hopefully be up in the picture section very shortly. When the Merlin was departing he taxi-ed onto Runway 07 as seemed to pose for a couple of photo's. The pilot seemed to dip the nose and point the helicopter in the direction of myself and Sean Cronin who was taking photo's also before departing.

A true gentleman. An wouldn't you know, forgot to bring out me zoom lens! :x !!

Regards,

Paul D

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:57 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for uploading the photos Paul. They can now be viewed at http://www.flyinginirelandmagazine.com/ ... stup&cat=0

Regards,
Mark

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:31 pm

what an excellent photo of the 738 departing in the sunset,look at those wings flex!!
115 VAC @400Hz

corkspotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

Photo's

Post by corkspotter » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:56 pm

Dutch Roll wrote:what an excellent photo of the 738 departing in the sunset,look at those wings flex!!

Thanks Dutch roll, twas a case of right place right time. Really lucky that the right place is the ops office in work. Unfortunatelywe are out of it when the new terminal opens... :cry:
Regards,

Paul

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Rallye EIBFP » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:18 pm

Nice photos Paul.

As a matter of interest....how did you end up airside at Shannon when you took the SNN photos? I take it you know someone in Shannon operations.

I know someone who worked for EUjet operations, but he was not allowed to bring anyone airside. I think hes going to Eirjet know so there still might be chance for me!

corkspotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

SNN

Post by corkspotter » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:33 pm

Howya Ralley,

I work in Servisair as a despatcher and went down to work in shannon for two weeks. Have full access for both Cork and Shannon. Just lucky as i need the ramp acces for work!!

Paul