Ryanair - Whats Going on??!??

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

What airline would you prefer to fly with?

Ryanair
38%
Aer Lingus
42%
British Airways
19%

Total votes: 26

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:03 pm

they proved abseloutley nothing, everything they showed is nonsense and had no pictures of it. It showed a video of the back of a seat where as the vomit was on the floor??? they showed the airstairs where the emergency slide was apperently broken. Have they proved anything? there was one thing which EXTREMELY annoyed me and that was "the irish no frills airline" and the "british fastest growing airline". As for everything else they showed they commented "but the iaa and caa stated that they were within limits on this case" C4 needed something to up their viewings and which they have done tonite. They have nothing on ryanair!!

Best Regards,
Andy
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:04 pm

"well they are reporters,i found out sat that a girl I know actually worked with one of these idiots!!!"

Why the hell are they idiots, this information needs to be made more widely available and its about time, and its only scrapeing the surface.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:13 pm

this will not damage ryanair in any way, (or so i hope) i am still very proud of the "Irish Airline" Ryanair and that i only saw a lot of pictures recently of the ATR in waterford EI-BXR?? im sure the people that fly with ryanair know about all of this nonsense and tell me this FLYbyWIT how many of ryanairs 737s have had an extreme incident, by an extreme incident i mean one more than a tyre burst and killed more than one person and the damage could not be controlled???? None whatsoever!!!

Andy

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:33 pm

So Ryanair can claim no deaths related to major accidents/incidents,I am not disputing that. This sure as hell does not excuse them of their apalling working conditions and ethics and the disgusting attitude they have towards their own staff.

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:15 pm

They proved nothing,what a waste of 5 months by very inexperienced 'crew'. Absolute tabloid trash.

They made 20 claims all of them dissmissed by MOL and correctly so may I add. RTE 2 news last night practically said it was rubbish.

A tired Pilot?? wow.this happens everywhere and everyone.

Fly By Wit do you think working conditions are just as nice and perfect anywhere else???

I dont think so.Sure look at the Aer Lingus Memo for one example.
115 VAC @400Hz

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:39 pm

While not always pleasant to watch, I really think it lacked any real substance. It was trashy tabloid style reporting and after 5 months of filming if that was all they could come up with its pretty pathetic. Talking to non aviation people today I think the majority of Joe Public saw it for what it was.
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:18 pm

Dutch Roll wrote ...."Fly By Wit do you think working conditions are just as nice and perfect anywhere else??? "

I dont think! I know they are, and can speak first hand of it.

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:22 pm

The problem is as FR get bigger and other companies are forced to compete, the T&Cs for everyone else get dragged down to the lowest common denominator.
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Agreed, this is deffinately happening.

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:04 pm

FLYbyWIT wrote: hell does not excuse them of their apalling working conditions and ethics and the disgusting attitude they have towards their own staff.
Flyby, I'm sure you are an intelligent gentleman, and in saying so I'm sure that what I'm going to point out to you, you will understand. We all have many choices in life, that includes who we work for. Each and every employee of Ryanair makes that choice, to work for a wage, and conditions that are offered by Ryanair. If they dont like it they have the choice of moveing on to another employer. Supply and demand. One would have to believe that most of these people who work for Ryanair, enjoys thier job, which allows the airline to grow. It goes hand in hand with MOL's you get what you pay for. Its a well known fact that 99% of the flying public is only concerned about how cheaply and fast they can get to thier destination, and dont give a tosser about the staff as long as the pilot gets them there. These airlines are the future, sure there will be Aer Fungus who will milk the few who think they are getting better...choice..thats what its all about....while I respect your opinion comments such as these are, somtimes, made without looking at all the angles

Center Bogey
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Center Bogey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:38 pm

RV You said
Its a well known fact that 99% of the flying public is only concerned about how cheaply and fast they can get to thier destination

I think you will find most people want to get there in one piece before they concern themselves with speed or price. They assume the crew are capable of doing that for the price FR charges, but perhaps this is a misplaced trust. FR have shown in recent times to be slacking in the safety dept, with potentially fatal incidents on at least 4 different occasions in the last 18 months. I stopped flying with them a long time ago and will not allow any of my family to use them. I know too much about the goings on inside the airline and believe me the Dispatches prog is not even the tip of the iceberg. So take off the biggles helmet you seem to be wearing and look at the facts, it might save you or yours someday. If you want to be proud of an airline find one that deserves your support.

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:31 pm

I dont believe the argument that all these people have a choice in life and if they dont like it they can leave is one which can justify the conditions.

Yes you know what your excepting with regards the terms and conditions and its your descision to join but the environment which exists for crew is above and beyond what anybody is expected to put up with in any industry, which of course is not indicated on your contract. Some are happy though, alot are not, and you generally find the ones that are happy have little or no other airline experience to use as a bench marker.
However there is still alot voting with their feet and people leaving for greener pastures, why work for a company that treats you like sh1t .

RV-Blue wrote :
"Each and every employee of Ryanair makes that choice, to work for a wage, and conditions that are offered by Ryanair. If they dont like it they have the choice of moveing on to another employer."

Many do have this choice and many simpley cannot!

No airline is perfect, and yes this is the way the industry is going towards more and more LCC, but you cannot claim the disregard for flight crew is just the way of the future, Accept that and the accountants have won.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:31 pm

they had nothing else on the air that night :lol: 8)

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:11 am

RV You said
Its a well known fact that 99% of the flying public is only concerned about how cheaply and fast they can get to thier destination

I know too much about the goings on inside the airline and believe me the Dispatches prog is not even the tip of the iceberg. .[/quote]

I doubt very much that Ryanair would be lax enough allow "goings on" as you seem to elude to, anyways.... 800's fly themselves......as for the biggles attitude....I'm in love with thier buissness practices...Aer Fungus sure woke up and smelled the coffee......I fly for fun, I fly for a living, I have no problem flying with Ryanair, they done nothing to displease me, they are just as safe as any other airline,accidents do happen, God forbid it happen anywhere...but thats life. I disapprove of you telling me that I should find an airline that I can be proud of....I can make my own choices. I prefere Ryanair...if you dont mind thankyou !!

Center Bogey
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Center Bogey » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:11 am

I'm really not sure where to start with the comments you just made. The best one is the 800's fly themselves bit. I can assure the 800 like any other automated aircraft only do what they are told to do and if you give it the wrong info then it WILL bite you. I have flown many thousands of hours on Boeing and Airbus both narrow body and wide body so I know what I'm talking about here. The other one about the FR being as safe as any other is also worthy of a giggle since this is patently not the case. Just look at the Dept of Transport AAIU website and the number of incidents being currently investigated by various other CAA's. I will put your loyalty down to an innocence which is not your fault.