Ryanair - Whats Going on??!??

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

What airline would you prefer to fly with?

Ryanair
38%
Aer Lingus
42%
British Airways
19%

Total votes: 26

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Ryanair - Whats Going on??!??

Post by Lambada Crazy » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:43 pm

Ive devoted a whole new topic to this, its about the media only sending out bad things about ryanair, For a start, some person has made a documentary on Ryanair
''Ryanair caught napping'' Channel 4. 13 FEB 9pm
and the advert for the program was "Passengers thank you for flying with ryanair, please keep the noise down as my colleuge is asleep nearby, There should be lifejackets under all of your seats but we havent had time to check" WHATS GOING ON. Mol is trying to bring low cost, fast and effective travel to europe and people can only laugh and abuse him. he has allowed people to visit relatives more often and it is nearly more economical as getting the train!!![/code]
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:46 pm

This show will be fictional and very wrong,very in-depth discussion on this in pprune,that ryanair part of the add is in fact a few girls who made a video on their phones doin the b~locks.as they say scumbag jounalism

Dont be dissappointed either if this show is cancelled due to Ryanair lawyers stepping in.

Isn't usually ''thank you for flying ryanair'' usually at the end of a flight?? usually your welcomed before you fly???? instructing where lifejackets are after the flight shows this show is rubbish.

i agree andy,MOL is extremely business motivated,if you dont like them dont fly them,you pay for what you get!!

PPrune seems to have lots of rubbish anti-ryanair threads,why?? because a few incidents were highlighted,of course none of the other g-reg airlines incidents are reported there,wait for the report of a B744 trying to do a GA with a little stick shaker incident.
They have created hundreds of jobs in all sectors from pilots,maintenance etc,and this will be continued with the huge 737-800 orders

I dont mind who i fly with once i get there.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209947
115 VAC @400Hz

AndyMax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by AndyMax » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:13 pm

I would be pro Ryanair but would prefer to fly Aer Lingus.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Media

Post by Lambada Crazy » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:17 pm

The media always bring out the bad sides of things, "200 people "NEARLY" die in air tragedy" e.g th cabin never presurised and the crew noticed it at 14.000ft, god they cause the biggest load of caos in the world. I see a woman complaing about Aer Arann In our local newspaper, she ran them to the abselout hills, everything about the airport she made look like complete trash. I mean cant these people Sue the weather?? its not the airports fault the weather is bad!! Recently in waterford Aer Arann was in the hold for about 30 mins trying to get in and eventually went to cork, the passengers were killing each other in the terminal " i will never fly out of a small airport again" this is exaclty wat the media gobble up. as a reporter said to me recently "dont let the facts get in the way of a good story" What would you say will happen about this program on monday?

Andy!

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:28 pm

its advertised too early and the plug will be pulled when Ryanairs legal team step in,if they dont?? well then if its damaging there wil be a case.Typical C4 rubbish I must say.

jounalism doesnt have much credibility when it comes to aviation

such as ''the piper B380 collided with the Airbus 747 in the light aircraft stand'' you get the point.....
115 VAC @400Hz

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Lambda, the first example you used there is not a frivolous thing at all, I would point to the Helios accident and all the info on the net about what happened to them as evidence.
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

dowlingm
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by dowlingm » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:41 pm

until Willie manages to ruin it, I'll go BIG :D

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:41 pm

Dutch Roll wrote:
I dont mind who i fly with once i get there.

This is exactly why Mr O'Leary is so successful, as is why Southwest is. 99.9999999% of the flying public thinks this way. Most airlines are makeing changes to accomodate customers like this. It was so wonderful to see him smack Aer Lingus in the mouth, they(Aer Lingus) thaught they were the bee's knees.......eventually airlines like this(Ryanair) will be useing 380's.....

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:36 pm

No matter how bad C4 make Ryanair look on the programme,
there's no such thing as bad publicity. MO'L and Ryanair will be
lapping all this up. The general public are no longer stupid enough
to believe everything they see on tv and read in the paper's. Most
people realise that programme's like this have a hidden agenda.

Hugo.

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:11 pm

115 VAC @400Hz

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Rallye EIBFP » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:54 pm

I dont see the point in that page.....what does it do :lol:

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:59 pm

It shows how willing that dispatch company are to put out rubbish and how false their stories are because O'Leary answers all the questions, it also shows they only want to publish sh!te because it is negatively edited and they even refused an O'Leary interview,so overall I think O' leary is showing FR have nothing to hide.
115 VAC @400Hz

banjaxed
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by banjaxed » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:03 am

I have to say I admire MOL and Ryanair for the way they've handled this. The production company are some shower of desparate twits. I wreckon they were after far more than what they got and pulled the 'reporters' early. It wouldn't surprise me either if there were more moles who didn't get anything useful.

My favourite part is the TV company questioning as to why they didn't open the bar which would have been illegal and they would have been the first to point this out in their programme! Muppets :twisted:

banjaxed

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:29 pm

I cant see the girls work for another airline again!!!! 8)

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:30 pm

well they are reporters,i found out sat that a girl I know actually worked with one of these idiots!!!
115 VAC @400Hz