Waterford ???????

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

LadJet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by LadJet » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:34 pm

You'd want to be a brave pilot to up against Waterfords new bus.

http://www.blues-twos.com/phy/clim/4008 ... ther-2.jpg

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Just try not to break it now Mattie :wink:

DivX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DivX » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:15 pm

I see waterford airport has a new website up at http://www.flywaterford.com, needs afew tweeks but a great improvement over the old site.

Some improvements to the pilots section aswell

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:45 am

Hey, nice new look on the site. Big improvement on what used be.

flywaterford
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flywaterford » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:48 pm

WILL TRY AND POST MORE UP...

DivX
Unverified User
Unverified User

From flywaterford.com

Post by DivX » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:34 am

Waterford Airport checked in its 100,000th passenger for 2007, a record-breaking year for the regional airport which serves the southeast with scheduled flights to London-Luton; Birmingham and Manchester as well as summer routes to France, Portugal and Spain.

The champagne was popped by airport CEO, Graham Doyle, when Michelle Brown, travelling to Birmingham on the 3.10 pm Aer Arann flight, brought the annual passenger total into six figures in one year for the first time. In addition to the champagne toast, Ms Brown was presented with tickets for free flights from Waterford Airport.

?The excellent performance of the airport has been due in no small measure to the success of Aer Arann, which reported in August that the Waterford to London Luton route was its most successful, having reached a monthly record for the award-winning regional airline of 9,000 passengers on that route alone,? said the CEO.

?Passenger figures were also increased due to the introduction of Slattery Sun?s exciting summer routes to Malaga, Faro and Bordeaux and by Aer Arann?s seasonal scheduled service to Lorient in northwest France,? said Graham Doyle.

?We are now enjoying better than ever support from the people of Waterford, Wexford, Kilkenny, Tipperary and Carlow and from further afield as word spreads that Waterford is the hassle-free way to get to the UK and the Continent and we have exciting plans for next year and the coming years to build on the success of 2007? added the CEO.

Chairman of Waterford Airport, Nicky Fewer, said he was pleased to note the ever-increasing passenger levels achieved at Waterford Airport and to thank all those who have used the facility during 2007 and in the past.

?Without our customers we cannot implement our strategic plan to develop this facility as a major part of the regional and national transport infrastructure in line with Government policy to develop Waterford as the Gateway City for the southeast,? said Mr Fewer.

?Waterford Airport has demonstrated that enormous potential exists and the growth curve has been positive in recent years with a total of 81,000 passengers last year, growing to 100,000 so far this year with more than a month still to go,? added the Chairman.

?Preparatory work and planning is progressing well for the recently announced substantial capital development programme to be completed by the end of 2009. A total of ?27.7 million is earmarked for expansion and development at the airport, with ?22.3 million allocated by the Minister for Transport under the Department of Transport?s Capital Expenditure Grant Scheme.

?The projects funded under Transport 21 will transform Waterford Airport. The runway will be extended and will allow Waterford Airport to tap into the region?s pent up demand for additional scheduled services and charter business,? said Mr Fewer.

Tonybwf
Unverified User
Unverified User

Waterford Plane Spotters????

Post by Tonybwf » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi all,

as i am from waterford i spend alot of my time in the local airport but i always seem to be the only spotter im wondering are they any1 else spotting out there aswell as i think its a good airport for it as it can yeld some good surprises any given day eg...C-47 2weeks ago!!! i people in the aeroclub an airport so i kno there some there alrite....hope to hear some replies!!

Regards
Tony

Dublin Spotter
Unverified User
Unverified User

Flybe

Post by Dublin Spotter » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 pm

I See that flybe have given piolt training contract to Waterford training school

THIS_IS_AIRFIELD
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by THIS_IS_AIRFIELD » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:23 pm

i see ever the optimists at waterford put a big #1 on the side of their new fire tender. :D

Hoss
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Hoss » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:35 am

Might be because there is a big #2 on the second new fire tender !! :roll:

DivX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DivX » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:49 am

StephenM
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by StephenM » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:30 pm

DivX wrote:The tower needs a lick of paint !!

No prizes for guessing where the money went. :P

Hoss
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Hoss » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:45 am

Tower paint job on the way soon, contractor waiting for suitable weather! :wink:

THIS_IS_AIRFIELD
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by THIS_IS_AIRFIELD » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Hoss wrote:Might be because there is a big #2 on the second new fire tender !! :roll:

:oops:

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Thu May 08, 2008 12:49 pm

I see the tower was painted today! looks gleaming, especially with the blue railings :)
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.