Waterford ???????

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:36 pm

I have to agree with you OW, EIWF is a lovely little spot for flying, and excellent for GA flying. All of the lads in the tower are very helpful and very friendly. It'd be nice to see the old grass runway of years ago put back into action. From stories i've heard, it was used very infrequently. Sadly it's location is totally overgrown by bushes and shrubbery now. Be nice to have both still though for some taildragger flying.

flywaterford
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flywaterford » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:15 pm

According to Local radio the road to the airport new road/ road improvements not sure which think its a new 1 will start early/mid MAY. I suppose they might direct traffic more to the Tramore Rd and get people to take the turn off at the Maxol Garage just before u come to Tramore its a lot better anyway to the road from the CITY.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:02 pm

Something badly needs to be done about it. The potholes as of late are getting big enough to swallow up a whole car, well not quite. About time they pulled the finger out. Pray they dont put a stupid speed limit on it now like the outer ring road of 60km/h, on what's essentially a dual carriageway.

Hoss
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Hoss » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:27 pm

To all the lads in EIWF, "Nill carborundum ilegitimo est" -- excuse the 'pidgin' Latin! I'm sure Martin C will look after you all before he leaves office! :lol:
Then again, it's about time WAT got a fair share of Regional Airport funding seeing that you never had the benefit of the backhanded subsidy (P.S.O. routes) that the other regionals had.
P.S. Would not WAT be better described as an "International Airport" as its only routes are to Britain and France??

Go neiri an bhothar libh. :D

flywaterford
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flywaterford » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:27 pm

Just read the Local paper it says that 3.1 million to be spent linking the New Outer Ring Rd to the airport which means brilliant news for the Airport. happy days. no more burst tyres for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DivX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DivX » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:28 pm

Hoss

Cullan has so far done little for Waterford Airport, when I see him im going to tell him "Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus"

flywaterford "Magnus frater spectat te " :wink:

Regards

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:04 pm

I knew i'd regret that d*mn latin.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Lambada Crazy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:15 pm

driving to the airport is getting a bit of a joke alright, going out last sunday, past the cross roads, around the bend, swerve to the opposite side of the road to miss the sack full of rubbish and a washing machine on the middle of th road, swerve back to th other side to avoid hitting the ditch, skid down the rest of the road on the cow dung, wait 5 minutes for the cows to cross the road, and we arrived . there are big signs like pickets from every angle with "CAUTION, SOFT MARGIN" and DANGER ROAD NARROWS also POTHOLES AHEAD and it dosent even mention anything about an airport, i have heard people saying sometimes when they greet relatives at the airport "gosh, i think we took the country road to get here, the road was unbeleivable"
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

flywaterford
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flywaterford » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:04 pm

Its a joke alright ! I was coming back from Dunmore last Wednesday I think it was and I saw 3 cars stoped to put on Spare Tyres what a joke that is. At least something is now being done about it.

When people come from out of town to use the airport WHEN the road is finished all they will have to do is turn off at the Round-about on the Cork Rd and follow the Signs to the Airport it should be pretty easy.

IS THERE ANYMORE INFO ON FLYU yet

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 pm

[quote]IS THERE ANYMORE INFO ON FLYU yet[/quote]

No

flywaterford
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flywaterford » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm

One of the lads I know that works there said that flyu is starting in APRIL.

DivX
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DivX » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:04 am

If its going to be April then let be the 1st.

The aircraft will arrive in Waterford late April but dont expect services to Launch until late May.

Regards

EIWAT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIWAT » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm

According to Wikipedia so i'm not sure if its true or not but My Sky Air Charter (From summer 2007) are starting flights from waterford
Regards

EI-WAT

flywaterford
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flywaterford » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:06 pm

A flight from Waterford yesterday had to return to the airport after smoke was smelt in the cockpit. Emergency service's were on standby and the ATR landed safely.

Thats all I know at this moment

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:33 pm

Plane is back in the air again, it took off not too long ago today.