ORK/SNN to lose BA MAN service?
  • dowlingm
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

ORK/SNN to lose BA MAN service?

by dowlingm » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:25 pm

PPRuNe is strongly rumouring the end of BACX service to ORK/SNN from MAN, due to a large retrenching in the RJ100 fleet, which will now be confined to BHX/LCY(EDI crewing) and the Embraers will be redeployed.

I wonder if Willie asked Rod E to do it before he became officially CEO so he wouldn't be seen to cut service to ORK for the second time :evil:

One can only hope (fat chance though) that bmi will now upgrade the baby service to mainline.
  • airoshane
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by airoshane » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:45 pm

It will be a shame if the british airways 146 stops coming to cork. Its the last passenger one left coming to cork. They are lovely little aircraft and so quiet.
    Keep the 146... please.

p.s. The TNT one doesn't count!
  • dowlingm
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by dowlingm » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:11 pm

airoshane

current plan is apparently to keep 3 x 146 (as opposed to RJ) at INV/IOM/MAN (1 each), that SNN (and ZRH) is gone from 11Sep and ORK from the winter timetable along with NCE,PSA,FCO,STR and VCE from MAN and FCO and VIE ex BHX.

Rumour also has it the released RJs are being subleased to Lufthansa for the use of Swiss.

Regional flying is being butchered in a very WW way - Dashes going, ATP gone, Jetstreams gone, RJs and 146s seemingly doomed - all that's left are the Loganair Saabs and PSO money is keeping them going!
  • Frosty
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Frosty » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:22 pm

airoshane wrote:It will be a shame if the british airways 146 stops coming to cork. Its the last passenger one left coming to cork. They are lovely little aircraft and so quiet.
    Keep the 146... please.

p.s. The TNT one doesn't count!

What about SN operating a 146 from Brussells and a Cross Air one coming from Zurich on a Sunday morning........
    Regards,
    Aidan
  • Dutch Roll
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Dutch Roll » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:16 am

ah come off it,146's are brutal!! the engines on them are crap,could BMI baby extend this route or maybe RE??
    115 VAC @400Hz
  • mikekilo
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by mikekilo » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:21 pm

..an opportunity for Aer Arann surely.

Anybody know how their winter '05 schedule out of Cork is shaping up?
  • Dutch Roll
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Dutch Roll » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:53 pm

i havto agree,cant see aything stopping them if BA pull out,BA are replacing the 737s with A319/320,They used to send in a 737 in the summer to cork,but havnt this year i dont think.do bmi baby do the route???
    115 VAC @400Hz
  • dowlingm
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by dowlingm » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:14 pm

mikekilo

I would tend to agree as regards Cork but Shannon seems to be a no-go area for Arann.

Arann could do well if they could come to an c/share agreement with BA - the fact that bmi use baby on the route has put me off looking at flying via MAN. Otherwise one can only hope for more Loganair expansion to take back the route.

BA Executive Club members who have flown via MAN have been notified of the route changes. Apparently the 8 Dash 8s not gone yet are staying until further notice.
  • Rallye EIBFP
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Rallye EIBFP » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:20 pm

BA always seem to op small little yokes- Dash 8's I think on the MAN route ex EINN. On occasion it is a RJ100.