Air Corps requirements???

Anything to do with the Air Corps...

Moderator: mark

goodbyeF-14
Unverified User
Unverified User

Air Corps requirements???

Post by goodbyeF-14 »

Could someone out there please tell me the requirements for becoming a pilot in the air corps?????????? 8) 8) 8) [/b]

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:lol: Two arms two legs two eyes and a panchaunt for blind obediance :lol:

alphaLaura
Verified User
Verified User

Post by alphaLaura »

Basically -

All? applicants must be a minimum of 5? 4? (162.5cm).

You are eligible for enlistment if you are at least 17 years of age on the date of application.?

The upper age limit for enlistment in the Air Corps is UNDER 25 years of age on the date of enlistment.?

A person under the age of 18 years (other than a person who is or has been married) must have the written consent of a parent, guardian or other person in loco parentis.

1. Physical fitness TEST?

The physical fitness test is designed to test the candidates current level of physical fitness and his/her capacity to undergo the rigours of military training. It is composed of two aspects:?

a.
(i) Local Muscular Endurance?
(ii) Aerobic Endurance?

b.
Components of Physical Fitness consisting of Body Fat Assessment, Hand Grip Strength and Flexibility.?

2. Format of test?

a.
(i) Aerobic Capacity Candidates will be required to run one and a half (1 1/2 ) miles within the time limit below. This is a Pass or Fail test.?
Maximum time allowed:
Males: 11 mins 30 secs
Females: 13 mins?

(ii) Local Muscular Endurance This will be assessed using push-ups and sit-ups. Candidates are required to complete as many repetitions as possible within the time limit of one minute. This is a Pass or Fail test.?
Males Push-ups: minimum 20
Sit-ups: minimum 20

Females Push-ups: 20 minimum (Modified)?
Sit-ups: 20?

b.
Candidates will be required to attempt an assessment which includes three components of physical fitness. They are as follows:?

(i) Body Composition Assessment This assesses the candidates % of body fat. The candidate will be subjected to a Body/Mass Index Test.?

(ii) Strength Assessed using Hang Grip Strength Dynamometer which gives an indication of overall muscular strength.?

(iii) Flexibility Assessed using various flexibility aids (hamstring and lower back flexibility).

Go here for the full thing: http://military.ie/careers/aircorpcond.htm
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
I OWN THE SUN

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:D If you want to join a gentleman/womans flying club on the cheep sign up here. IF you want to fly at the cutting edge join the RAF.or USAF. :lol:

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll »

those requirements are a bit out of date laura,theres a few changes ie. upper age limit is now 27/28 for someone who hasa honours degree etc.

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

[img]http://www.flyinginireland.com\/upload_files/boom.jpg[/img]

:D :P

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

8) So you really want to fly go supersonic the only way to travel 8)

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

There's alot to be said for the
gentleman/womans flying club
- you save lifes, help the nation, meet famous people, use prop fighters (more than your average C172) and you'll never go to war- it's a great free ride, once you can put up with the training- and pass the mental exams- not for me though.

(Also it tends to be the cheapest way into commercial aviation, these days- I'm not that interested though- but others I know would kill (war pun) to get in). :lol: