Anything to do with the Air Corps...

Moderator: mark

flat six
Unverified User
Unverified User

baldonnel visit

Post by flat six » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:59 pm

Hi,

Im looking for some help. I am in 3rd year (and mad about aviation) and i have just suggested to my cspe teacher that a legend action project to do for our junior cert would be a visit to baldonnel! he and the rest of the class loved the idea. only problem is i dont have any contacts with anyone in baldonnel!

basically what we would be looking to do is: visit, have a tour of the place, be spoken to about the roles of the air corps and the importance of it, the history, daily duties etc. all of this aparently fits into a section of our cspe course and is a perfectly viable project. does anyone know who I could contact about this? and if so any contact details? i would appreciate any info and feedback. cheers! :)

Tony Kearns
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Tony Kearns » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:58 pm

I do have a "thing" about people who look for information yet cannot put their name to the request even in their profile.
If you want to visit Baldonnel write to
Airman Michael Whelan, Irish Air Corps Musuem and Heritage Centre, Casemant Aerodrome, Baldonnel, Co Dublin.
He will make your vist a memorable one.
Tony K

flat six
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flat six » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:49 pm

Thank you Tony. my name is Michael John Mcloughlin, I have added this to my profile.

Tony Kearns
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Tony Kearns » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:34 pm

You are welcome flat six.
Tony K