british Army Gazelle at Baldonnell and Dublin Castle?
  • damian smyth
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

british Army Gazelle at Baldonnell and Dublin Castle?

by damian smyth » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:24 pm

Did any one get the reg of the British Army Gazelle which landed at Baldonnell around 12.30 today call sign ''Army Air 572'' it was in an all grey c/s. Dept. about 13.45 for Dublin city (Dublin Castle?) was on the ground for about 40 mins then back over Baldonnell about 14.30 going west the north.
  • vortex003
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by vortex003 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 pm

I've never seen a Gazelle in an all grey scheme - i wonder are some of them going to adopt it permanently like the Army Islanders?
    If it makes an appearance at EGAB i'll be out with the camera! :D
  • damian smyth
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by damian smyth » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm

Yes it was a bit of a surprise about the all over Grey scheme on the BA Gazelle !. I had a good look as it passed over head very slowly just before it landed. The Grey scheme is like that of the Islander CC.2?s (medium sea gray ) with low vis markings. It had the standered ??TV antenna?? on it?s nose plus side mounted rocket rails (not in use this time around I may add!) After departing Dublin and back over Baldonnell at about 2,000 ft (bit odd if your going north ) it made it?s way back to Aldergrove at about 14.30. first of all going west!. so keep a look out!
  • Comet
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Re: british Army Gazelle at Baldonnell and Dublin Castle?

by Comet » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 am

damian smyth wrote:Did any one get the reg of the British Army Gazelle which landed at Baldonnell around 12.30 today call sign ''Army Air 572'' it was in an all grey c/s. Dept. about 13.45 for Dublin city (Dublin Castle?) was on the ground for about 40 mins then back over Baldonnell about 14.30 going west the north.

It is Grey /Green scheme reg ZB693, a picture was posted on Irish Air Pics Message Board in the Alouette retirement thread.
    Cheers
    Comet
  • vortex003
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by vortex003 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:06 am

That's that mystery solved then! :roll:
    I still need a photo of ZB693 though... :D