british Army Gazelle at Baldonnell and Dublin Castle?

Anything to do with the Air Corps...

Moderator: mark

damian smyth
Unverified User
Unverified User

british Army Gazelle at Baldonnell and Dublin Castle?

Post by damian smyth » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:24 pm

Did any one get the reg of the British Army Gazelle which landed at Baldonnell around 12.30 today call sign ''Army Air 572'' it was in an all grey c/s. Dept. about 13.45 for Dublin city (Dublin Castle?) was on the ground for about 40 mins then back over Baldonnell about 14.30 going west the north.

vortex003
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by vortex003 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 pm

I've never seen a Gazelle in an all grey scheme - i wonder are some of them going to adopt it permanently like the Army Islanders?
If it makes an appearance at EGAB i'll be out with the camera! :D

damian smyth
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by damian smyth » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm

Yes it was a bit of a surprise about the all over Grey scheme on the BA Gazelle !. I had a good look as it passed over head very slowly just before it landed. The Grey scheme is like that of the Islander CC.2?s (medium sea gray ) with low vis markings. It had the standered ??TV antenna?? on it?s nose plus side mounted rocket rails (not in use this time around I may add!) After departing Dublin and back over Baldonnell at about 2,000 ft (bit odd if your going north ) it made it?s way back to Aldergrove at about 14.30. first of all going west!. so keep a look out!

Comet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: british Army Gazelle at Baldonnell and Dublin Castle?

Post by Comet » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 am

damian smyth wrote:Did any one get the reg of the British Army Gazelle which landed at Baldonnell around 12.30 today call sign ''Army Air 572'' it was in an all grey c/s. Dept. about 13.45 for Dublin city (Dublin Castle?) was on the ground for about 40 mins then back over Baldonnell about 14.30 going west the north.

It is Grey /Green scheme reg ZB693, a picture was posted on Irish Air Pics Message Board in the Alouette retirement thread.
Cheers
Comet

vortex003
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by vortex003 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:06 am

That's that mystery solved then! :roll:
I still need a photo of ZB693 though... :D