Modern GA aircraft in Dublin area
  • pilotincomplete
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Modern GA aircraft in Dublin area

by pilotincomplete » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:37 am

Hi All; I’m a first time poster with a specific need.

I’ve well over 10,000hrs flying Airbus for various airlines, and although I still work in aerospace, it’s in a management/non-flying role. Recently, I have been looking for somewhere in the Dublin area that might be able to offer time (and/or training) on a modern GA aircraft like the Diamond da40/42 or Cirrus sr22 equipped with g1000 suite.

I’m seeking to keep myself and my license current (IAA ATPL [A320TR] CLASS1 MED) but a stretch goal would be to enable experience flights for friends and colleagues.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
    mark
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Modern GA aircraft in Dublin area

by mark » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi,

I'm not aware of any high-end aircraft that are available for training in Ireland. As these types of aircraft are so expensive to purchase and maintain, they are uneconomical for flying schools and clubs to operate. A 40+ year old C172 costs around €250 per hour fly so I can only imagine what an SR22 with a G1000 would cost. These types are generally operated by private owners who would be reluctant to allow training in them.

Regards,
    Mark
  • pilotincomplete
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Re: Modern GA aircraft in Dublin area

by pilotincomplete » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:37 am

Hi Mark, thanks for the answer. I suppose for others reading; if there are any ownership groups of modern aircraft seeking partners then that could be an option too.