COVID-19 Class, Type, Instrument, Certificate & Medical Extensions
  • User avatar
    mark
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Posts: 1152
    Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:56 pm
    Location: Rathfarnham, Dublin
    Contact:

    COVID-19 Class, Type, Instrument, Certificate & Medical Extensions

    by mark » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:08 pm

    Hi all,

    For anyone who has a rating or medical expiring in the next few months and cannot get it revalidated due to social distancing rules associated with COVID-19, you might find this article useful: https://flyinginireland.com/2020/03/iaa ... tificates/

    I've also wrote a Frequently Asked Question article at https://flyinginireland.com/2020/04/iaa ... ation-faq/

    Hopefully you might find both of these articles useful.

    Regards.
    Mark
  • DeltaAlphaNovember
    Unverified User
    Unverified User
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:53 pm

    Re: COVID-19 Class, Type, Instrument, Certificate & Medical Extensions

    by DeltaAlphaNovember » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:02 pm

    Hi Mark,

    Just a quick enquiry regarding extensions etc as a result of the current covid 19 situation... I completed my multi engine instrument rating at the end of February with a skills test.I wasn't in any rush to have the rating issued right away so I left the paperwork for a few weeks.

    So the lockdown happened at the end of march and now I'm concerned the skills test will expire having not had the rating issued and added to my current CPL.The IAA are unattainable it seems,any help or advice greatly appreciated.

    Also,do you know the cost of adding the IR to existing CPL.

    Thanks in advance.
  • User avatar
    mark
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Posts: 1152
    Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:56 pm
    Location: Rathfarnham, Dublin
    Contact:

    Re: COVID-19 Class, Type, Instrument, Certificate & Medical Extensions

    by mark » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:22 am

    Hi DeltaAlphaNovember,

    Aeronautical Notice P33 addresses your issue in Section 6, (a)(i)(c)(ii) which says:

    a. The time period of the following is extended as follows:
    i. by 4 months or to the end date of this Aeronautical Notice, whichever occurs first,
    whichever period of time is shorter, in the case of validity periods of a mountain
    rating;
    ii. until the end of the application of this Exemption, in the case of validity periods or
    time periods, as applicable, of all of the following:

    ....
    c. the time periods specified in point FCL.725(c) of Part-FCL with regard to all of
    the following:

    (i.) the time period between the commencement of the type rating training
    course and the pass of the skill test;
    (ii.) the time period between the pass of the skill test and the application for
    the issue of the class or type rating;


    So by my calculations, if you completed the test in February, ordinarily you would need to apply to have it on your licence in 6 months. This is now extended by four months or to the end of the exemption (November 30th) if sooner. Therefore, you have until the end of November. I understand that some staff will be back in the IAA in the next few weeks so I'd recommend submitting your paperwork asap as there will inevitably be a backlog. There's no advantage to delaying adding the MEIR as it will still expire in February 2021.

    From looking at the IAA Fees Order 2015, the cost of a class rating with an instrument rating is €300
    4.1 Grant of an aircraft type/class rating and/or instrument rating €300;
    Regards,
    Mark
    Regards,
    Mark Dwyer
    www.flyinginireland.com

    ------------------------------------------------
    FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information
  • DeltaAlphaNovember
    Unverified User
    Unverified User
    Posts: 8
    Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:53 pm

    Re: COVID-19 Class, Type, Instrument, Certificate & Medical Extensions

    by DeltaAlphaNovember » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:23 pm

    Hi Mark,

    As always,a true gent in sharing this and giving me some clarification in these uncertain times. I'm currently working on an FI rating also,I'm hoping to spend a lot more time in irish airspace for the years to come.

    Hope our paths cross in the future.Thanks again.

    Regards
    Dan
  • User avatar
    mark
    Site Admin
    Site Admin
    Posts: 1152
    Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:56 pm
    Location: Rathfarnham, Dublin
    Contact:

    Re: COVID-19 Class, Type, Instrument, Certificate & Medical Extensions

    by mark » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:19 am

    Hi Dan,

    No problem, glad I could help. Always great to have more FI's in the system, hopefully we meet at some stage in the future.

    Regards,
    Mark

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests