Salary: The Assistant Lecturer Salary Scale is:
• €41,533 – €51,502
• €37,482 – €51,502 (New Entrants)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 24th June 2019
Job Ref: 017450
The School of Transport Engineering, Environment and Planning combines a range of discipline areas. Many of the discipline areas (which include automotive technologies, aviation technologies, logistics, spatial planning, and environmental management) relate to sustainable mobility and the school addresses issues such as environmental efficiency, demand for travel through spatial planning, efficient infrastructure systems, optimal freight deliveries including logistics, as well as the design and delivery of strategic infrastructure. In addition, the School accommodates the National Institute of Transport and Logistics (NITL).
The School has been very successful in the delivery of aviation programmes. The School of Transport Engineering, Environment and Planning is a recognised school under the European Aviation Safety Agency part 147 regulations. This demonstrates the commitment of staff to high standards of aviation education at the school. It also ensures the highest common level of safety protection for European Union citizens. The school boasts its own Aviation Technology Centre which has recently received substantial capital investment in equipment and facilities. The aviation discipline recently won two honours at the Aviation Industry Awards; Academic Education Award, and Training Award.
Our programmes are consistently in high demand from students with a strong profile and desire to succeed. Our graduates are highly successful and fulfil senior aviation roles across the globe. The focus and attention to detail that is distilled into our graduates is second to none. The school’s students have won four Gold Medal awards for aircraft maintenance at the Worldskills competition (Brazil, Leipzig, London, Canada).
· Effective teaching of modules to apprenticeship students.
· Academic direction of programmes including teaching, academic assessment and academic administration;
· Carry out assessment, monitoring and evaluation of examinations work, and provide academic and consultative support to students in their learning activities;
· Provide academic input on existing and new programmes and in programme development;
· Actively engage in research and appropriate scholarly activities;
· Liaise with Professional Bodies and Stakeholders; Participate in committees appropriate to courses and meeting convened by Management;
· Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of academic quality assurance arrangements; Contribute to future growth and development of the School of Transport Engineering, Environment and Planning and the Institute.
For further information and to apply online please visit our website: https://www.dit.ie/hr/vacancies/
Interviews will be held in mid August 2019
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests