Major Heli incident EIWT

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Major Heli incident EIWT

Post by Bearcat »

Heard that a Squirrel lamped its active tail rotor into a fuel pump at Weston. If true it was an incident waiting to happen.

-Al-
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by -Al- »

Ya was wondering about this, seen it up on pprune at the weekend, but wasnt sure if it even happened when I seen no mention here.
--- "Hey there blimpy boy, flying so high and fancy free" --- Homer Simpson

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat »

Jeeez, it's all here ,

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread ... did=179868

for such a confined space a mega incidient of this proportion was waiting to happen. Thats two heli's written off at weston in 12 months.

It's amazing how the heli crowd havent commented...not a word on their forum. Looking foward to the full and transparent enquiry by the relevant authorities.
Last edited by Bearcat on Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:( IS or rather was the pump in the same place as it was 3 yrs ago .I haven't been there for a while as I have been more economically engaged elsewhere 8)

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic »

Some fairly serious remarks there on PPRuNe, about the employment status of the pilot. Its a shame how it always turns into nasty remarks. Evidently some people never make mistakes.

Vmax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Vmax »

I don't think the threads on pprune were put there because the person made a mistake, if that is the case.For all we know it could have been mechanical error.Some commercial pilots are annoyed at the moment, rightly or wrongly it might have something to do with the allegation that a current member of the defence forces is nixering for a public transport company while on three months parental leave.

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic »

It's amazing how the heli crowd havent commented...not a word on their forum. Looking foward to the full and transaprent enquiry by the relevant authorities

Bearcat I was thinking about that. I don't think its a case of anyone wanting to keep it hushed up. The scene in Ireland is pretty small. Everyone knows about everyone. I think people are worried about coming on here and shooting their mouth off and being identified, and getting a bad reputation for it.

Like Bearcat says, It would serve everyone well to wait for the accident report to come out before giving the man at the controls a hard time.