anyone for ditching?

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Bluebeard
Verified User
Verified User

anyone for ditching?

Post by Bluebeard » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:30 pm

With summer coming SE pilots contemplating overwater adventures may look down on the waves below and ... cross their fingers. Sea & Shore Safety (with whom I have no connection) tell me if enough pilots are interested they will do a survival course in Dublin for private pilots. They run these normally for yachties. Call them on 01 295 5991 or PM me.

NATCA FWA
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by NATCA FWA » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:30 pm

When I worked up in Northern Michigan we use to hold over water safety seminars twice a year (spring and winter) here in the States for pilots flying over the Great Lakes. The local Coast Guard Air Station use to sponsor the safety meetings and at the end they would put on a demostration. In addition to the over water safety lectures, the Flight Standards Office would participate by giving by annual flight reviews and check rides for any pilots that needed them.

For any pilots considering flying over large bodies of water I would strongly recommend attending a safety seminar. The life you save my be your own.

Mike
NATCA FWA
Mike
NATCA HSV

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:43 am

name the time and date and I would love to do the course

Tolka
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Tolka » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:22 am

I would also be interested in attending.

Tolka

Kevlar
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Kevlar » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:33 pm

Put me down for that one. Done my forst cross water last week, great experience, but one can never know enough!!!!!!!!
Regards, Kevlar

Bluebeard
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bluebeard » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:57 pm

Tolka, Kevlar, please PM me your email addresses and I will make contact with you. This one-day course requires 10 participants and costs EUR 130. There are so far about 6 persons interested.

Any more?