This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Arrow
Verified User
Verified User

Bose A20 Headset

Post by Arrow » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has the Bose A20 headset? Thinking about taking the plunge but would like to hear from anyone who uses one to see if they are indeed worth the price tag!

Thanks,

Arrow

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bose A20 Headset

Post by mark » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Arrow,

I've been using the Bose X in work and flying GA for the last 5 years, I think it's fantastic and wouldn't go flying without it (especially GA flying). I bought it new and at the time it was the same price as the A20 is now so I definitely think it's worth it. I'm even seriously considering upgrading from the Bose X to the A20 in the next year or so.

Regards,
Mark
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

Arrow
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Arrow » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Thanks Mark. Yes it seems they really are the bees knees alright, my trusty David Clarke has never let me down but I like the look, design and added features of the Bose. Just wanted to get a few opinions before I bust open my wallet!

xpro
Verified User
Verified User

Post by xpro » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:41 am

Hi.

I have Bose A20 aswell. It was my best aviation upgrade. Had mine for nearly 2 years now and they are excellent. The noise cancelling is just amazing,when you first get them you start reaching for the throttle when you turn them on as ANR start working.
Also very comfortable for long hours flying.

In saying all that, I would have loved to try out the new Light speed zulus, they somehow look more sturdier with similar noise cancelling properties.
You defo wouldn't want to throw your A20's around the way you could with David Clark's as are they're not as tuff.

Cheers