This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

FII to Cease Publishing Magazine

Post by mark » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:58 pm

January 2015 to be the last issue of FlyingInIreland Magazine

This January issue marks 10 years since our first issue was published back in February 2005. In that time the magazine has grown to become recognised industry wide as the source for all Irish aviation news. The magazine has been put together by a small dedicated team over the years working tirelessly each month to get the magazine published on time. Following 10 years of hard work we have decided that the January issue will be our last. With the changes in media over the last decade, it is just not viable to produce a magazine each month focused solely on Irish aviation.

This is not the end of Flying In Ireland, the company will continue to trade and we are exploring different options which will most likely lead to making content available free through our website. We are also considering some individual publications for the future. Keep an eye on http://www.flyinginireland.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for any announcements. Subscribers will have the balance of their subscriptions refunded over the coming weeks.

The Flying In Ireland team would like to thank all our advertisers, contributors and readers for the support over the years.

The FII Team
Alan, Mark, Jim, Niall & Martin
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Re: FII to Cease Publishing Magazine

Post by Pilot » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 am

That's sad to hear Mark.

Thanks for all the wonderful articles over the years, and I wish you guys the best of luck with whatever you decide to do next.

NAG
Verified User
Verified User

Post by NAG » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Pilot wrote:That's sad to hear Mark.

Thanks for all the wonderful articles over the years, and I wish you guys the best of luck with whatever you decide to do next.
Ditto. Very disappointing. Best of luck.

hum
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hum » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:28 pm

I am so sorry to see the end of the Magazine, it's been a great asset to the Irish GA community. You and Alan should be proud of your achievements over the past 10 years, you have made a significant contribution to all aspects of General Aviation for which I thank you most sincerely.
I am glad to see you will continue to run the company and this website, Have a happy Christmas and all the best for 2015 - enjoy a well-earned rest from publishing :-)

Gerry Humphreys
Chairman
General Aviation Safety Council of Ireland
http://www.gasci.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aibidil
Verified User
Verified User

Post by aibidil » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:08 pm

I am sad that Flying in Ireland will cease publication, but it has had a great run with high professional standards.

Antoin Daltún