Possible Shares in a RV 6/7 at Kilkenny

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

headintheskies
Verified User
Verified User

Possible Shares in a RV 6/7 at Kilkenny

Post by headintheskies »

Looking for interested people in forming a group to purchase a Vans RV 6/7.

We already have 3 interested parties. Depending on the group size will depend on the share cost. Looking for possibly 6-8 members. Depending on much people would like to spend, how big the group is and how nice a aircraft we buy.

Aircraft will be based in Kilkenny. Kilkenny is in easy reach from many parts of the country and the airfield is well maintained going through some exciting times thanks to new ownership.

Send us an email stephen.r.mcdonnell@hotmail.com

Cheers Steve

martins
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Possible Shares in a RV 6/7 at Kilkenny

Post by martins »

do RV's count as EASA aircraft? I mean, do hours count forwards EASA PPL(A) or you need to have some different type of licence (rating) to fly it as most of them are homebuilt?

headintheskies
Verified User
Verified User

Post by headintheskies »

I'm not sure what you mean by count towards a ppl. Do you mean cpl hour building?

Are you are learning to fly at the moment or looking to learn to fly? You can log all hours but if you are looking to learn to fly then you will have to be part of a flight school. Each lesson is covered in the min hours so there is no real hour building as part of a ppl. The more hours needed depends on the persons aptitude.

There will be a flight school in Kilkenny very soon if you are looking to fly. You can email for more details.

The RV would not be a suitable training aircraft and for share members we would be looking for people fairly current.

martins
Verified User
Verified User

Post by martins »

I've done 8 lessons so far for my PPL, with any luck and decent weather I might have my PPL sorted next summer when I would look into buying shares.

I really like those RV's but my concern is - you know how you have to do 12 hours every other year to keep your SEP current? will RV's count forward those 12 hours?

CubLife
Verified User
Verified User

Post by CubLife »

If your concerned about only getting 12 hours in a year I wouldnt be dreaming of ownership...
Financially anyways!

Join a Club
(Figures Based on a well established club I know flying 172's)
Plane @ €130/hr x 12
Sub @ €35/month x 12
Annual cost - €1980

Ownership, C172 group of 6.
Annual Cost - €2760
Obviously flying a classic/permit will reduce costs significantly and down goes the monthy contributions by each member but if were comparing like with like here and you want to fly a C of A with decent kit in it needing maintainence...