Micheal Traynors book

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Micheal Traynors book

Post by EIDEL »

:o Has anyone read M.T.'s book. I saw it on the shelf in chapters abbey st yesterday .HERMETICALLY sealed in shrinkwrap. I didn't have the neck to peek nor the brass available to aquire by legit means .Is it ? is it 8)

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air »

Hi DEL,

If your into Irish Aviation history, in particular ex Iona National Airways,
then this book is VERY 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) . But then I have a
passing interest as some of my 1980/90's Iona aircraft photographs
appear in it. Dont let that put you off getting a copy.

Hugo.

Biturbo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Biturbo »

As a completely unconnected punter with no financial interest, I can say it's excellent quality and well worth the money.

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

Michael Traynor Book

Post by shrtfld »

Ditto.

Anyone who learned to fly in the seventies or eighties (at Iona or elsewhere) will get the low down on the aircraft they learned to fly in. Iona populated this country with 150s et al through this period. Brings back lots of memories about different aircraft flown in.

Well worth the investment for anyone with more than a passing interest in GA in Ireland.

A bit heavy (physically) for the suitcase going on holidays though!
Shrtfld

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:lol: many thanks gentlefolk :o

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

Well,
If it helps in your decision, The Historical Aviation Society Of Ireland has done a review @:http://www.historicalaviationireland.com/news_files/reports/reviews.htm

It is bias though- well, I naturally love Irish Aviation History anyway- but it would be one of the best books on Iona around, and the only comprehesive one. In other words- buy it if your interested, The Historical Aviation Society Of Ireland- network; supports it! :lol:

Cheers...

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:D Hey Histo your Kildonan addon worked diddley squat what went wrong :oops:

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:D With regards to M/T's book I think I'll put in a req for it in the library 20e=20 mins aloft :roll:

historical-avi-irl.i8.com
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by historical-avi-irl.i8.com »

I warned you all... It is an early version, The location might even be a bit out???- but it is a start- I'm primarily a webmaster, young aviation historian and aviation spotter. The flight sim is only in my Spare, spare time. I know there's problems with the package, and thats why I made a request with the package and on IFSD for some one interested; to help me continue the project... nobody replyed after 6 months, and it's the project is pretty much scraped (and will be removed from my final redesign (hopefully) of the HASOI website, being uploaded soon), unless someone makes me "an execlude switch, Hanger, house, and clubhouse". I don't know how to do these, and would appreciate the help as the IFSD showed interest in the project...
But hey, what you going to do! :(

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL »

:oops: Sorry for appearing soooooo rude Histo I didn't mean to decry your efforts .I guess I was dissapointed not to have Finglas after all. :(

ppl
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ppl »

Hi,

I thought the book was excellent. Well worth it.

There's a web site containing some info on the book and sample photos from the book here...

http://www.ionaairways.com/

Cheers,

ppl.