j3cub

VIP Tickets to Abbeyshrule Airshow 2005

Post by j3cub » Wed May 18, 2005 6:21 pm

Post Removed

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Wed May 18, 2005 8:16 pm

I've been made aware that if your going to fly in on the Sunday before 13.00 it's ?50 to land,park and that include's entry.

C'mon it's only Abbeyshrule, Enniskillen only cost a tenner last week and free grub with a top class display.

Let me know your thought's on these price's

FLYbyWIT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by FLYbyWIT » Wed May 18, 2005 8:40 pm

Not very inviting at a 100euro a pop, that would put me off if anything
Paris and Farnbourough didnt even cost that much for cheese and wine in their tent. I just aint surprised.

Buzz Lightyear
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Buzz Lightyear » Wed May 18, 2005 10:04 pm

Sorry guys I have to say thats way over the top?
And we thought a 20 spot was a rip, all your paying to see is the arrows and nothing else.
To put this into perspective, salthill should be charging 500 quid in with their lineup and its free!
I wont be going anyway but I will attend the 2 real airshows this summer in salthill and bray :lol:

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot » Wed May 18, 2005 10:41 pm

Enniskillen only cost a tenner last week and free grub with a top class display

Free grub? I can't believe I missed out on the free grub! But the airshow was excellent!

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL » Thu May 19, 2005 12:14 am

:?: A hundred blasted bricks for the VIPs /\ Have mercy. How much is the economy class on the Nth side :?: Just for Sat :( Del

Michael Gilligan
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Michael Gilligan » Thu May 19, 2005 8:59 pm

:evil:
Have to agree with the above comments, I have never heard anything so crazy, 100 Euro to see the Red Arrows and a few local planes when you can see them for FREE in Salthill along with some serious hardware.

Sorry guys I am not going to go its the same old story even in Abbeyshrule "Rip Off Ireland" even to get in for locasl punters they want 18.50 Euros walking around the field in Cow S..T, you would think its Farnborough.

Michael
Michael Gilligan

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot » Thu May 19, 2005 9:28 pm

Hang on a minute guys. Be fair.

I've been made aware that if your going to fly in on the Sunday before 13.00 it's ?50 to land,park and that include's entry.

I flew into Enniskillen airshow last weekend.

It cost me stg?10 landing fee, plus stg?10 show entry fee for myself, plus stg?10 show entry fee for my passenger. That's ?30, or about ?45.

If the ?50 includes landing and show entry for two (does it? I don't know how many it includes) then I would say that it's reasonable.

As for VIP entry, you'd only pay that if you felt it was worth it. Most wont feel it's worth it, and therefore only pay the regular entry fee.

p

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:35 pm

Apparently it's ?50 per aircraft, was thinkin if we leased in an ATR 42 for the day would it still cost ?50 :D

If i'm going any of the two day's it'll be Saturday, but c'mon honestly ?50 for Abbeyshrule, wouldn't mind but Fairford is ?50 and that is one heck of a show.

If i want to see Davy Bruton or hum tumbling around the sky i just wait till July for the aerobatic's comp. in EIWF.

TonyR
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by TonyR » Sun May 22, 2005 9:00 am

?50, Glad I looked here first as I spoke to George yesterday and he told me there would be a small fee for visiting aircraft :?

If it were a "donation" they might even get more from me but to demand ?50- no thnaks.

I think I'll just go somewhere else today instead.

Tony

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

EIAB Airshow

Post by shrtfld » Mon May 23, 2005 11:33 am

Well I decided to go to EIAB.

Pity weather was not better. That said there were a lot of visiting aircraft.

To be fair to the organisers no one approached me for a donation or fee and I did not meet anyone else who was asked for a contribution.

My own view is where pilots go to the trouble and expense ( 1 to 2 hours of aircraft hire or usage) of attending a fly-in or airshow by air they are in effect adding to the spectacle of aircraft movements for Joe Public to admire. Therefore they should not as a rule be charged.

Well done to George and his team. SHow was varied and ran very smoothly - no long gaps between the different displays. As for Dave tumbling about the sky - he was magnificent as usual as were John Keane (Skybolt) and Hum (Bulldog and C210). Oh yeah - must not forget the Red Arrows and the IAC Pilatus - they were worth the trip alone.
Shrtfld

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL » Mon May 23, 2005 7:39 pm

:D :) 8) Couldn/t agree more Brilliant w/end.Many thanks to all who organised and attended. Three old taildraggers going to the hold in a line wonderful sight :)