Aeroclub at Kerry EIKY?

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

philt
Verified User
Verified User

Aeroclub at Kerry EIKY?

Post by philt » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Am I right to fear that there is no aeroclub or other resident GA activity at EIKY now?

I will be in that area in the beginning of March and if possible would like to bimble around the southwest for an hour or two, with an instructor.

Thanks,
Phil

vanman
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Aeroclub at Kerry EIKY?

Post by vanman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:01 pm

When we skydived out of Kerry a couple of years ago. They opened the clubhouse for us to use. It was like like the Marie Celeste, everything untouched gathering dust. Don't think it's changed since.

philt
Verified User
Verified User

Post by philt » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 am

Anyone from either Rathcoole, Bantry or Abbeyfeale around here? In case, please PM. Thank you.

Gally2
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Gally2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:31 pm

No Aero Club from Kerry im afraid. it packed up a while ago and has not returned. I wish it did though I live beside it... :x

Carrier Pigeon
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Carrier Pigeon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:49 am

As a flying school It was closed down by the IAA in 2005 after being taken to court and pleading guilty to performing flight training operations with an aircraft on 50 occasions without a C of A or insurance. They were ejected from the airfield by the airport authorities shortly afterwards and ceased to exist since then.

There is one privately owned aircraft still hangared there, a low wing Cherokee and afaik there are shares available to purchase.