Unverified User

Headset

Post by EIDEL » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:22 pm

Wanted A type headset . For reasonable price or why Del

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:23 am

E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay ! E-Bay !

Did I say E-Bay ?

JimboJetset
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JimboJetset » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:39 am

ebay is full of fraudsters, be careful when bidding for headsets on it. i bid for a headset and minutes before the auction closed another bid came in and secured the headset, then i got an email from someone else telling me they saw my bid and asked would i like to buy a headset before they put it up on ebay. the scam is that they ask you to send the money through an unsecure method like Western Union money transfer and also outside the ebay payment system, and you never see your money again. at least half of the other headsets were the same one with the same scratch on it, therefore half of the headsets on auction didn't really exist. Luckily i smelt a rat and got my headset from an online pilot store instead.

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:58 pm

Read down through the previous threads about buying headsets.
I got a pair of David Clarke H20-10's for 161 euro, they are 440 new in SouthAer. No contest.

Buy them from a seller with a decent rating.
If somebody mails you and says: "I noticed you were bidding on...." then beware sometimes genuine sometimes not.

Anyway, if you receive a mail from someone 'who noticed you were bidding', the very 1st couple of lines of the e-mail have a disclaimer and warning from e-bay, you should have read it.

I have bought a lot of stuff on e-bay with no probs. It shows how much we're getting ripped off here in Ireland.f

EIDEL
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIDEL » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:46 pm

:( Its not funny to find out how corrupt the dealings can become on E-Bay . Pleased be assured I would much rather buy bits and pieces here on the island .kind of supporting the home fires N+S So somewhere close there is someone with a spare set to sell I just have to wait . DEL

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:32 am

....and pay double the asking price.

People don't seem to read any of my postings, buy on e-bay from a seller with a decent rating, then you can't go wrong !!

Most people selling aviation related gear don't want to shaft there fellow flyers, seems to be an unwritten rule/ethos.

Read feedback and ratings. There are millions of transactions made everyday, no scandals reported in the news ??, scams and scammers are pretty easy to spot, if it's too good then it is.

JimboJetset
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by JimboJetset » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:59 pm

one of the first things i did was to check the ratings and previous comments about the person who was selling the phantom headset with the scratch underneath the earpiece. He had hundreds of satisfied customers giving this guy an A+ and incidentally many of the comments were identical in wording. I think it's a little nieve to think a professional scammer can't set up multiple aliases and recommendations for himself. As a cornerstone of Ebay it would be the first thing a scammer would attempt to do to look legit. There's definitely a lot of honest punters on ebay selling aviation headsets but people should just be wary because EBay don't take any responsibility for you being ripped off.

angelshigh
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by angelshigh » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi All

I have purchased several hundreds of Euros worth of gear from E-Bay and never been messed about.

My advice

1- Get your self a PayPal Account first - www.paypal.com

2- When you have an account ONLY BUY FROM THOSE ACCEPTING PAYPAL.

3- As stated by Mrbungle - always buy from someone with a very high rating -add that to the Paypal requirement and you are very safe.

By using Paypal you are protected by all the normal stuff about credit cards and if needs be can stop payment and get your cash back

Cheers

AH

conor_mc
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by conor_mc » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:31 pm

I got a good deal on a set of Sennheiser HME100SE's from here http://www.cae-aviation.com/shop/default.asp

They had free delivery on orders over ?300 at the time so I threw in gel earseals and a couple of other minor bits and bobs. They're Luxembourg-based, I believe. Delivery was very quick.

Lambada Crazy
Verified User
Verified User

E-BAY

Post by Lambada Crazy » Fri May 20, 2005 7:55 pm

I recently bought a headset from e-bay. I got the whole Lot for 58.41 cent. It was a great bargain! Headset bag included, Ive included some pics for you. It has a flexible mic too, Which Some DAVID CLARK headsets dont have. That price came with shipping included. I can really recomend this seller!Image for anybody starting out in aviation THIS IS GREAT for it. As you can see it also folds up for good storage.Image There are hundreds of the same headset available online, They are a small company caled Save 4 More in Hong Kong. If you want to e-mail the seller his e-mail is sales@save4more.com. Image Thats the bag that comes free, And its only the bag, not the mobile phone and light etc, Just the headset and the bag! If you go to www.ebay.com and in the search box type in Pilot Headset New. and the picture will display a headset in a cloud. Thanks, Let me know if any of ye get one!
Last edited by Lambada Crazy on Fri May 20, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

Flyer1
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Flyer1 » Fri May 20, 2005 9:08 pm

I've tried on of those headset's Andy was talking about, They are really comfortable and do a good job in reducing the noise level's.

You couldn't go wrong for the price.

Regards,

danelane2000
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by danelane2000 » Sun May 22, 2005 1:16 pm

Andy, was that using the "buy now" feature or did you bid for ie? Im thinking of getting myself one of those.

Regards,
Patrick
Cork Live Director,
www.cork-live.com

ned78
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ned78 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:59 pm

I just bought an ASA HS-1 from the states. I ordered it and an ASA AirClassics Flightbag for myself on Wednesday, and it was in my hands on Friday from marvgolden.com. I knew I'd be picky when it came to headsets, and I wanted one with the traditional wire frame boom straight out of a 50's movie, not the flexible stalks that are on the David Clarke type headsets. It's a lifetime warranty, and has a switch near the jack connectors (Which are gold plated) to toggle mono or stereo mode. Came with a bag for the Headset too, which I didn't need, and left in Atlantic Air if anyone wants it.

The Headset in case you're curious was about $120 brand spanking new. No need to go to eBay for prices like that.

Owen.

hibby
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hibby » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:56 pm

After reading Andy's recommendation, I went on eBay the other night and bought one of the headsets mentioned. I bid ?40 + ?12 for shipping, which is nearly ?80, so not incredibly cheap (I'm not sure whether Andy's ?58.41 included postage, but if not, I paid about the same amount).

Anyway it's new, and I'm sure it will be well good enough for my needs as a student. When it arrives and I get a chance to try it out, I'll let you all know what I think.

hibby
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hibby » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:06 pm

Follow-up: no sign of my headset for a few weeks, until yesterday I got a letter from Revenue saying that my headset was being held by Customs and Excise in the Dublin Mail Centre, and asking for an extra ?20.95 to release it (?15.95 VAT and ?5 post office handling fee).