Seats Available? An Experiment please help.

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle »

If anyone is offering a RHS seat, I have loads of free time, I work 4 days on and 4 off and can be available at short notice for a/c based at Weston !!
I'm close to solo x-country, (I try to avoid any nerdy, spotty gaviator chat), PM me anybody if any thing is going.

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot »

Well, I can't offer a spare seat at the moment, because I've a list of people I've promised to bring flying. I need to meet these promises first!

But I'm sure that later in the summer, I'll be able to include myself on this thread as someone willing to offer a free seat.

Hire for reward isn't relevant here, as I won't want anything in return.

I too think the negativity on this is sad. Certainly the similar thread on pprune resulted in a lot more offers.

EiMPB
Verified User
Verified User

Post by EiMPB »

I have to say I think that this is an excellent Idea! I'm only just barely starting out and would love the chance to just watch and learn!! I think it would be an invaluable experience if you could get it!!!

Would love to hear from anyone who'd be interested in bringing me up!!

Marc.

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat »

sorry folks I didnt mean to be neg....rtfq!.....i read it wrong. for some reason i thougtht you wanted to bring the gen public up looking to supplement flying bills as against the troops....sorry.

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic »

Pilot, thank you. One offer at least!

Bearcat no worries. The written word can be interpreted in so any ways. Thats why we need lawyers :roll: If I was really going to be pedantic I would remind you that it is 100% legal to pay an equal share of your transport costs for a private operation. If two people go flying in a C152 they can split all costs right down the middle, as long as its even or less then the PIC its cool and the gang.

So lets see what happens. At the same time to all the student Pilots on here, you have to do some networking of your own. I get loads of offers to fly with People I met when I was in doing my ATPLs/CPL/IR. Most of them are in the UK, but I book ahead and get some cheap tickets with Ryanair. You can do it on a smaller scale by chatting to people in your flight school or club.

Rock on,

Cosmic

EiMPB
Verified User
Verified User

Post by EiMPB »

just thought I'd revive this topic! I'm still out of work with a broken arm and I would love the opportunity to sit and watch while someones hour building until I'm able to start flying (hopefully in a few weeks!!)!

I know its a long shot but always worth a go!!

Cheers,

M.

Pilot
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Pilot »

I'm away for a couple of weeks, but will be back in Sept.

I'd be happy to bring someone, when I've a spare seat. Dublin Area.

It's generally short notice though.

PM me with your contact details, and I'll let you know when I've a spare seat.

P

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE »

lazza wrote:
If you REALLY want to fly, you will find the money, the same goes for anything in this world, if you really want it you will get it.

/L

Lazza, while this comment is for the most part valid, I would have to say it does'nt hold much water. I'm sure there are many people out there who would love to fly, but for "family,work, salery,etc," just cannot do the "flying thing". The REALLY part of your comment, would in many peoples mind, be REALITY precludes me from flying. In my part of the world the general feeling would be one of "share the wealth" I know you dont feel like it but I'm sure there will be a few that will....

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic »

Nice to see this being discussed again :D Thought the idea had fallen flat on its back. Hope someone gets to benefit from it.
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis