IAA & Others, a word of thanks.

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

jonkil
Verified User
Verified User

IAA & Others, a word of thanks.

Post by jonkil » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:25 am

Friday morning I awoke to a call informing me of a problem relating to our fly-in which we held on Saturday last.
Basically it was a paperwork issue that required resolving.
I prepared said paperwork and emailed it off to the IAA offices before 9am.
I called the offices as they opened and had a swift response from the office stating they would assist me if they could. Over the next several hours I had calls from Capt. John Murray relating to our situation.
In short, the Finn Valley club would like to publicly express sincere thanks and gratitude to the IAA, and especially to Capt. John Murray & Capt. John Steel for really pulling out all the stops and sorting the issue for us.
The IAA can come in for a lot of flack, but these guys have a job to do..... they are here to assist if they can...and in this case they really did. This sort of service is rare in public offices and is worthy of our thanks.
We also wish to thank Gerry Humphreys with all his assistance too, without his help we would not of had such a successful event. His displays was as usual excellent and a first for this part of Ireland. The general public had a ball and we raised quite a few thousand euro for Our Lady's Hospital, Crumlin.
We will post pictures soon on this site but in the meantime our own website and Facebook page has many pics.
Once again, many thanks to all who assisted in making this happen.

Jon Kilpatrick
For & on behalf of the Finn Valley Flying Club, Donegal
http://www.FinnValleyFlyingClub.com