The event will take place on Fri 22 March 2013 at 19:30 in Bewlewys Hotel Leopardstown.
check on http://www.gasci.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then go to the 'events' page
All are welcome, admission is free. see you there!
· Mike O’Donoghue, GASCo Chief Executive.
· Nils Jamieson, GASCo Regional Safety Officer
· Michael Benson, GASCo Regional Safety Officer
Brief CV’s can be found on the GASCo website http://www.gasco.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- The evening is scheduled to start at 1930 hours. Finish time is usually about 2200 hours.
- There will be a break at about an hour after the start for 15/20 mins. Light refreshments, tea/coffee etc will be provided (or one could visit the bar!).
- Each person attending will be provided with a box containing a wealth of useful information, (references to follow up the topics covered on-line, web links etc), cards on R/T procedure, some paper for notes and a pen.
- Please remember to bring your logook on the night if you would like it to be endorsed there and then with a GASCo/CAA Safety Evening Stamp, certifying attendance at a Safety Evening.
- The evening itself is divided into two halves:
- Keeping Out of Trouble. The focus here in on getting into the air safely & planning the flight; there is a really good section on improving lookout to avoid mid-air collisions. (This lasts about an hour).
There will be a 15/20 minute break between the two sections - good time for tea/coffee or bar visit!
- Without a Shadow of a Doubt This looks at the importance of making sure we avoid making assumptions so we can carry out the flight safely. (This lasts about an hour)
All involved in any way in General Aviation are welcome.
I have already booked the hotel as they have some really nice rooms at €59.00 per room that sleeps 3.
I thought it was a very enjoyable and informative evening. Thanks to you and the GASCo team for organising the evening. Any similar events planned for the future?
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information
There was also a great turn out and I would highly recommend that the next one is not to be missed as I believe
the weather topic may also be added due to demand.
Good job and well done to all.
Great event. I think it will need a bigger room next time.
full story and clip here
http://www.supercub.org/forum/showthrea ... post503483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests