NFC/ Flightwise/ East Coast Flight School?

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

mikeyP
Verified User
Verified User

NFC/ Flightwise/ East Coast Flight School?

Post by mikeyP » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 am

Hi all,

Im doing my PPL.

My questions is, who is the best flight school?

NFC or Flightwise or East Coast Flight School?

Pearse1983
Verified User
Verified User

Re: NFC/ Flightwise/ East Coast Flight School?

Post by Pearse1983 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Hey,

Have you looked into The Amphibious Flying Club in Enniskillen? They are first class IMHO, done my PPL there a few years back. PM for more info if you wish.

Cheers
P

xpro
Verified User
Verified User

Post by xpro » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi,

When i was getting my PPL i done the same reasearch as yourself. Ended up with NFC.
The simply reason was the availablity of various aircrafts and numerous instructors.

At later stage if you decide to stay PPL level, you will want to hire planes and go flying.( unless you have your own plane)
With NFC this wont be a problem as they have loads of C152/172`s available and you can hire them pretty much any time you want, as you will find that with other two school that wont be as easy due to limited aircraft availabilty.
On other hand if you do your ppl elsewhere but wish to hire planes from nfc, you will have to do ex amount of hours with an instructor before they let you fly their planes.

Thats just my opinion and personal experience, nothing against other two schools.

Thanks,

BravoGolfJuliet
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by BravoGolfJuliet » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Usher Aviation has a school at Newcastle airfield in Wicklow I think. My advice would be to call up all possible schools beforehand, have the chat and eek out any possible pitfalls before deciding! From my own experience of getting the licence a smaller school is preferable, if you just want to get your ppl. A lot of these big schools are just interested in gettin people through the test without them understanding what they're doing!.....Nothing against any flight schools here....my experience was in florida:-)

ptawse
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ptawse » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:38 pm

You could also come down to Kilkenny and learn to fly with the Recreational Flying Club. We may be a Club rather than a school but we are available seven days a week and the cost of flying is likely to be lower. http://www.recreationalflyingclub.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the :D on our facebook page!

Demonduck
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Demonduck » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:05 am

I recommend the amphibious flying club in Enniskillen airport.
Done a few ratings with them and they are top class.
Thanks for your patience guys.

William